Expand my Community achievements bar.

Issues - Planned Completion Date

Level 3
Does anyone use Issues? I am new to WF (3 months) and the team of Creatives I work with rolled out a plan to open issues when there is a delay on a task (i.e. waiting for approval from a client on content). The Creative team does not think it's necessary for the Planned completion date to be populated, citing they cannot hold a client to any type of date. I think it's necessary, in order to set/manage expectations with clients. Does anyone else use issues? If so, how are you using them, reporting, and working with clients to resolve them? NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. This message has been content scanned by Proofpoint. Proofpoint uses policy enforcement to scan for known viruses, spam, undesirable content and malicious code.
4 Replies

Level 4
Hi Carolyn, We use issues, and actually, we just switched over to using issues this past fall. Previously, it was in a separate software. We use them via queues for one-step requests or errors found after a project is launched. I also agree that planned completion is important to follow. I'm guessing the clients have a specific time frame they would would the final asset(s) to be handed over? We set up everything with planned completion dates (even our issues), and if the date is going to be missed, the person can request a new completion date for their task/issue. The project manager then reworks the project, but if it's going to affect our hand off date, they reach out to the whole team (including client) to find out what can be done to get it back on track. Hope that helps a bit. Michelle Jackson Colony Brands, Inc.

Level 3
Thanks Michelle! This is super helpful. It confirms my thought process. Thanks again! Carolyn Finney Independence Blue Cross

Level 10
Interesting idea on how to use issues, so I want to follow to see what people say. Creative teams not wanting to set deadlines?! How original :)

Level 10
I'm with you too on the setting of planned completion dates. I tell our PM's there's never a valid excuse to not plan. It's understood the dates may not be made regardless of who's doing the task. It's the nature of the beast of projects. That's ok, but we should still plan and then adjust accordingly when necessary. And I like to let WF tell me how far we've slipped so we know how drastic our correction actions need to be. What's the saying? "Over plan, then go with the flow"