Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Issue Report - with Approved Info

Level 10
Trying to create an Issue Report that shows all issues, and includes the date it was approved as well as who approved it. We know how to show if its pending approval, but we can't show this info AFTER it's been approved.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10
Hi Katherine. Capturing event information (such as the date an Issue was approved and by whom) is a tricky challenge. The technique I normally use is to set up a calculated custom data field to "trap" what I'm interested in when it happens. In this case, using an IF statement, I'd compare the Previous Status against the Current Status, and when the state I'm interested in occurs I'd "grab" the Last Update Date and Last Updated By (respectively); otherwise (e.g. if the condition I'm watching for has yet to occur) leave the target alone. Regards, Doug

Level 10
Thanks Doug. I'm not sure how that would work - since our Apprval is done when the Issue is in "New" status or further up such as "In Progress" (rather than when the Issue is in Complete or Closed status).

Level 7
I think what might make this difficult is that you can have many approvers and approval steps/paths. Many people could be approving it at different times. Some may approve and and some might disapprove it.