Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Is there a way to Map Task status to Request Status for converted objects?

Level 4

In our instance we often convert requests to tasks for completion. Requests are retained and used for customer communication. The task status and request status do not synch perfectly. I'd like to map the custom task status to the custom request status. In this example "Awaiting Feedback". Is there a way to map this relationship?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Matt,

Yes, this is possible to do. There are a couple of settings/configurations that need to be in place for custom statuses to sync between a request and its resolving object:

First, you need to have enabled the setting to sync statuses in your task and issue preferences:

screen shot.jpg

Secondly, for the custom statuses that you have set up, you must ensure that the status key used for the status on each object is identical. In the below screenshot, the "Awaiting Feedback" status for issues has a key of "AWF". If I wanted tasks in an Awaiting Feedback status to sync to issues, I would need to ensure that the Awaiting Feedback status for tasks is also set to AWF

Status Key.jpg

When both of these settings are applied, you should find that the status of the resolving object (task in your case) will sync to the resolvable object (issue).

You can read more about these settings and configurations here on Experience League.

Best Regards

Rich

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Matt,

Yes, this is possible to do. There are a couple of settings/configurations that need to be in place for custom statuses to sync between a request and its resolving object:

First, you need to have enabled the setting to sync statuses in your task and issue preferences:

screen shot.jpg

Secondly, for the custom statuses that you have set up, you must ensure that the status key used for the status on each object is identical. In the below screenshot, the "Awaiting Feedback" status for issues has a key of "AWF". If I wanted tasks in an Awaiting Feedback status to sync to issues, I would need to ensure that the Awaiting Feedback status for tasks is also set to AWF

Status Key.jpg

When both of these settings are applied, you should find that the status of the resolving object (task in your case) will sync to the resolvable object (issue).

You can read more about these settings and configurations here on Experience League.

Best Regards

Rich