Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Is there a magical way to export the milestone report in excel?

Level 2

Our team is regularly asked to fill in the example excel I've posted and this is currently a manual process that involves copying the data from our milestone report into this excel. I can already hear you all say, why do you have to fill this in? That is because the group asking us to fill this in partners with many other groups and companies that do not use Workfront. Many of the projects listed are not managed by us. If we were at least able to export the milestone report we could easily pull in our data faster.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 2

I don't have the magical export option. But I have used text mode in project reports to create something similar that can be exported. This also helps if you need any additional information that is not captured in the milestone report. Below is an example of the text mode I have used (this would go into a column of your report). You would update the valueexpression line to match your scenario: milestone name, planned/actual/projected completion, etc. Then repeat for each milestone you need. There is an article on Workfront One breaks down using collections in reports - here. Hope this helps!

displayname=Pln Execution End

listdelimiter=‍

listmethod=nested(tasks).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=IF({milestone}.{name}="3 Execution",{plannedCompletionDate},null)

valueformat=HTML

Level 2

Hi Ali, I really appreciate your help! I am still struggling with the text mode example you gave but I'll keep trying. My text mode abilities have never moved beyond basics in all the years I have used Workfront.

Level 2

Text mode can be tricky but once you get it right it can open up a lot of possibilities. If you want to send over your text, I would be happy to help. Good luck! 💪