Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Is the new Autosave supposed to be released in 19.2?

Level 7
We now have an Autosave toggle on our project screens. Thing is, I can't find anything about this in the 19.2 release notes! I'm worried this is not complete/properly tested code and it's going to cause problems. Can anyone from Workfront confirm? Barbara Sedlack BMO Financial Group
12 Replies

Level 7
Hi Barbara, yes, it was in the notes see this page: >Reverse Changes on the Task Lists The thing that I have been noticing with this new feature this morning is that it is not 'sticky' in the sense that if I toggle it On, on one project, and then go to another project, I have to toggle it On again on that project. I had assumed that if I switched it to On on one project, it would stay - similar to how the 'Show System Updates' toggle works on projects. Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 7
Ok thank you both. It's not in the release overview here: https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018813594-2019-2-Release-Activity-Overview I don't typically read each of the beta articles because I assumed the summary would include everything... Is that not how it used to be? @Terry Hynd we noticed the same and that's an issue. Had I known this was coming in this release I would have checked it out in preview and probably given feedback about that before it hit production. Unfortunate. Barbara Sedlack BMO Financial Group

Level 10
hey Barbara, I got caught by this too: Workfront is definitely not updating the old support.workfront.com pages at this time. -skye

Level 7
It is listed on the Release Activity Overview on the new Workfront help site: >2019.2 Release Activity Overview , but not on the old support site page. I thought that they might have had parity between the two for this before the old site was archived, but guess not. Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 7
Argh thanks for pointing out I'm bookmarked to the old support site... TBH I really have had no time to check out the whole new support site and what it covers (e.g. NOT only support as it turns out...) Barbara Sedlack BMO Financial Group

Level 10
I feel your pain: I had been avoiding the new site due to growing pains and assuming the content was being shared to both sites, but then people started talking about new features I couldn't find. :p for what it's worth I did a quick test at the time and I feel that it's for the best that it defaults to auto-saving rather than being sticky--our users are way too used to the auto-save being on. I totally get why folks might want to have the other way (maybe something we can convince them to put in people's personal settings?) -skye

Level 3
Hi, everyone! The training team is currently working on an overview video tutorial for the new Autosave button. We'll have that out this week, and I'll post a link in this thread when it's published. The correct functionality for the Autosave button is that it is NOT sticky and that it's a "per project" feature. Sorry for the confusion about the support sites. The support.workfront.com site has been "archived," meaning that it's still active but no updates are being made to it. You'll want to search experience.workfront.com for all the latest information. Search for "2019.2 release overview" and you'll find the overview article that points to all of the articles about each feature. I can tell you, the search feature is MUCH better on experience.workfront.com than it ever was on support.workfront.com! Much better search results! Also, all of the training has moved to experience.workfront.com. Click on the Training menu to access Ascent, as well as videos/articles that are hosted on the website. Let me know if I can help in any way! Allison Lippert Workfront allisonlippert@workfront.com

Level 3
The Workfront Modern Work Enablement team (aka training team) has put together a video tutorial that gives you an overview of how the new Autosave toggle works. Please share this with your users! If you have any feedback, please send it to me - either here through Community or directly at allisonlippert@workfront.com "https://workfront-video.wistia.com/medias/ciybiht8cv">https://workfront-video.wistia.com/medias/ciybiht8cv Allison Lippert Learning Program Manager at Workfront allisonlippert@workfront.com

Level 10
@Allison Lippert , this is great. But how do we get to a place where your team can deliver this the week before the release, rather than the week after? (i.e. Has Workfront considered timing the release for the week after training materials are developed?) -skye

Level 3
Traditionally, the training team doesn't release training until the day of release or shortly after the release. This helps us ensure the functionality made it into the release. We had a bit of delay getting the Autosave video published due to the schedules of the involved people on the training team (and a few technical glitches). The team hasn't discussed releasing training prior to the software release, but that is something the we can look at for the future. The release overview page on experience.workfront.com will always link to demo videos for each of the features coming out in the release. These demo videos are a great way to get familiar with an upcoming features. The support articles will also be updated; they highlight the text in yellow to indicate the text explains an upcoming feature. If the demo videos and articles aren't meeting your needs so you can test during the software release preview period, please let Workfront know. Workfront wants to make sure you have all the information you need to enable yourselves and your users. Allison Lippert Workfront allisonlippert@workfront.com

Level 10
hi @Allison Lippert , thanks. The demo materials are enough for us to start testing during the preview period but I'm looking for something more for the users. Without an earlier release, I am left having to provide my own training to my users, which makes this training somewhat superfluous. Even releasing training materials 2 days before the release would be a nice-to-have for us and I am then able to include this link in my reminder to the users that a release is coming, here are the new features, and here are the video links to training for them. Additionally, the demo materials left or downplayed some information that the training materials provided, namely the inability to make certain changes, such as to task details, bulk editing and the project details tab (the demo did state a few limitations but this was basically within the final half minute of the demo. Also there was mention of a "light box" which isn't terminology I've heard before--seemed to refer directly to the gantt chart so I may have stopped listening to the video during this time since we don't use gantt as much as other customers) -skye