Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Irvine / Orange County User Group

Level 2
Hello So Cal! I went to the Leap Conference and heard that some other people who have very active local user groups are getting a lot of good info from each other. I would love to have some learning and sharing events in the Orange County area to help increase my understanding of Workfront. Is anyone out there interested or located in OC? What would you like to learn? I could probably host an event at my office in Irvine during work hours if anyone wants to get together. Possible topics: - What reports have you created that you find useful? - How do you set up and manage your projects in Workfront? - Resource Management and Scheduling. Rae Rae Siebels Brandman University
36 Replies

Level 1
I would be happy to host a User Group meeting in San Diego should that be of interest to the group. Linda Maguire Sent from my iPad

Level 1
Looking forward to attend the meetup. Thanks, Steve -- Steven Lam | Digital Asset Management | Avery Products Corporation 
 50 Pointe Drive, Brea, CA 92821|(O)714.674.8129 | (C) 323.350.0808 mailto:slam@avery.com

Level 7
Hello So Cal Workfront peoples! Should we get a user group meeting on the books for Q1 2020? Is there someone who would like to host? Richard Carlson

Level 2
I think it would be great to have a gathering. I can host in San Diego. The office is in the UTC area, not too far south. Rachel Brown Mitchell

Level 7
Does anyone know if we still have a community rep? Richard Carlson

Employee
Hi guys! My name is Kristin Farwell and I manage user groups here at Workfront. Excited to see some interest again around a meetup! I'd love to help you guys get a meetup organized. Really the only things that you need to get this coordinated are... Location - Looks like @Rachel Brown has offered to host. That is great! How large is your space? (That will help determine how we promote the meetup) Date - Would something at the tail end of January or early February work? (Rachel, are there any dates that are better or off limits for you?) Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays seem to work well, and we could schedule something around lunch or in the afternoon, depending on what works best for folks. Topics of Discussion - Any particular topics you guys want to discuss? This is your user group, so you can keep this as formal or informal as you like, but if there are common topics that can help guide this discussion. A good example is the Chicago user group had a session just focused on timelines recently, and in Minneapolis last week the group talked about resource planning, reporting and onboarding new users. That should be enough to get us started. Looking forward to getting this organized and on the calendar! Kristin Farwell Sr. Manager, Customer Advocacy Programs Workfront

Level 2
Hi Kristen - Mitchell can host from 10-30 depending on the day/time we choose. We could do Feb 11, 12, 13, 18, 19th. What are the times usually? Rachel Rachel Brown

Employee
@Rachel Brown - This is great! Thank you so much for the offer. I would err on the side of a larger room, if we can get one reserved. Usually I see meetups being scheduled around breakfast or lunch, but late afternoon could also work best. It depends on the city and when traffic will be easiest. Most common is around lunch, with people arriving and 11:30 to get signed in and grab lunch (Workfront can provide this), and then discussions and/or presentations until 2 or 3. Any thoughts from the larger group on a date? Rachel has offered Feb 11, 12, 18 or 19. Reply to this thread with your preference as well as what topics you would be interested to discuss. Thanks again! Kristin Farwell Sr. Manager, Customer Advocacy Programs Workfront

Level 1
@Kristin Farwell Keep in mind that President's Day holiday is Monday, Feb.17th next year. Tamara
-- TAMARA E. TAYLOR Strategic Customer Advocacy Manager "https://www.workfront.com/" style="color:rgb(51,122,183);background-color:transparent;text-decoration:none"

Level 2
12th or 19th! Susie Lage Western Digital Corporation

Level 1
February 11, 12, or 19th work for me. Resource Management and Reporting are both topics I am interested in learning more about. Molly McMahon PMP USE Credit Union

Level 7
I think that would work fine for us, we would be interested in bringing 4-6 people total probably Richard Carlson Behr Paint Company Santa Ana, CA

Employee
SAVE THE DATE! The next Orange County / Irvine User Group meetup will be on Wednesday, February 12 in Aliso Viejo CA. (We'd discussed a location in San Diego, but it looks like it will work better for most people to be in Orange County.) I'll start a new thread with details and a link to register. In the meantime, save the date! Workfront User Group Meetup Wednesday, February 12, 2020 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. PST Location: 65 Enterprise 3rd Floor, Aliso Viejo CA, 92656 Kristin Farwell Sr. Manager, Customer Advocacy Programs Workfront

Level 7
We will be there! Richard Carlson Behr Paint Company Santa Ana, CA

Employee
@Richard Carlson That's great! Looking forward to seeing you and your team. The registration page is live, you can RSVP here: "http://event.workfront.com/wugocfeb2020/community" http://event.workfront.com/wugocfeb2020/community Be sure to let us know what topics you'd like to discuss so we can tailor the agenda (there's a spot for feedback on the form). Have a great weekend everyone! Kristin Farwell Sr. Manager, Customer Advocacy Programs Workfront

Employee
Hi folks! Just a heads up that we are currently AT CAPACITY for our meetup in Orange County next week. Wow! The response has been phenomenal. Super excited to to see everyone next week. If you aren't able to attend, or are on the wait list - have no fear! We're going to be planning a SoCal meetup AT LEAP and something in Orange County in May or June. So stay tuned! Also, if you have registered and your plans have changed, please let me know and I will take you off the RSVP list and give your spot to someone on the wait list. Thanks again for the great response. See you all soon! Kristin Farwell Sr. Manager, Customer Advocacy Programs