Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Invalid ParentFileID

Level 5
Hello, Has anyone come across this problem? From the document section of a project: 1. User uploads a new proof for approval 2. Other people review, comment, and approve 3. The same user that uploads, now attempts to upload a new version 4. Receives the error message "You do not have privilege to perform this request. Invalide ParentFileID" 5. Proof notifications go out regardless 6. Opening the proof immediately prompts the "Newest Version Available Dialogue" 7. Proof is never right again I submitted a ticket, but wanted to know if anyone had heard of this? Thanks, Saher Almaita
2 Replies

Community Advisor
Yes, @Saher Almaita ! We had this same issue last Tuesday (11/27). I submitted ticket #1173931. We wound up chalking it up to Workfront hiccupped and that it was a one-off scenario that we should not come across again . What I found when digging into the document a bit was that the document said there was only one version uploaded. But when I went into the proof there were 2 versions of the proof. Workfront said the person who uploaded that 2nd proof version must have navigated to ProofHQ and uploaded the 2nd version there and that version was causing the error within Workfront. But our users wouldn't know how to get directly into ProofHQ if I wanted them to. And when I go to ProofHQ, we do not have access to upload new versions there. Every "New Version" button is grayed out and when I hover over the button I get the message: "This action can only be made in Workfront" Workfront did say if we see this issue pop up again in the future, we should open a new ticket / follow up ticket to this issue so they can investigate further. I would definitely pass my ticket number along to them on your ticket.

Level 5
Hi Heather, Good to know its not just us! I submitted ticket #1174994 and got a similar response. System Hiccup. Our users similarly don't use Proof HQ in its stand alone format. But, I will add that the user was working in a shared space with limited connectivity. Maybe if the connection cuts out halfway through upload, it reads as that error? Hopefully it was a one off. Thanks, Saher Almaita