Expand my Community achievements bar.

Introduce Yourself - New!

Employee

Hey everyone!

My name is Kyna Baker and I'm the new Community Manager here at Workfront. I'm starting a new Introduce Yourself thread to bring this to the front of the community again, and to give anyone a chance who has already introduced themselves - but has had a role change or interests change to re-introduce themselves!

My job is to support you, answer your questions, facilitate conversations, help you get to know the Workfront software better, and make this community a cool place for you to visit regularly. I'm really excited to get to know you all personally.

I'd love it if you'd upload a profile picture of yourself and then introduce yourself briefly in the comments below by answering one or all of these questions:

How do you use Workfront?

What would make this community amazing for you?

How much time do you spend using Workfront on a daily basis?

What are you passionate about (other than work)?

What's your favorite joke?

Here's a little about me: I love connecting with people and staying connected. I love to bake and I love to read for an escape- my favorites are fantasy novels - so if you have a suggestion, I'd love to hear it. I know the team here cares about you a lot. If you haven't met us, hopefully you're coming to Leap soon to do some in person networking.

Ok, your turn! Upload that profile picture , and/or introduce yourself! If you don't have a profile picture uploaded, it's super easy!

I'm excited to see all your happy smiling faces on the site!

Kyna Baker

Customer Content and Community Manager Workfront

68 Replies

Level 1
Hi, My name is Aaron Mendoza and I am a product management intern here at Workfront. The main purpose of my role is to get to know how you, the customers, use our native integrations (Adobe Creative Cloud, JIRA, Microsoft Outlook, Slack, etc.). I would love to connect with you and learn more about how our integrations are impacting your day-to-day work. And of course, I would love to get to know you as well! Feel free to reach out if you would be interested in hopping on a call sometime to talk about your experiences with the integrations. Some of my hobbies are sports and music. Something interesting about me is I recently created an Instagram page called "Recent Release" (@recentrelease). The page posts songs as soon as they come out and keeps you up to date on the latest releases in music. If you need some new tunes, check out the page! It covers a variety of genres. I look forward to chatting with you in the near future. Aaron Mendoza Workfront

Level 1
Hello Kyna! I am Pauline Hoover and i am the new Project (traffic) Manger for The Venetian Resort in Las Vegas, Nevada I am currently doing training in workfront and my goal is to review and improve our process to make my marketing team daily work more efficient and a much more enjoyable experience. Using workfront will be my primary job tool. Outside of work my life revolves around my family. And sorry I am so new I have no photo to send. Have a great day! Pauline Hoover Pauline Hoover The Venetian and The Palazzo

Level 4
Hello everyone, I am a Project Manager currently in an Account Manager role with a Digital Marketing firm. My team will be utilizing Workfront on a daily basis so we are excited to see what new features we are able to utilize to help projects proceed more efficiently. Mike Haleas, PMP Account Manager DMD Marketing Corp.

Level 4
Hello all, My name is James Matsubayashi and I work in Marketing Communications for Toyota Financial Services. We're excited to bring on Workfront and are currently in the implementation phase. I was fortunate enough to attend LEAP in Dallas. Great energy! How do you use Workfront? - I'm on the core project team to help bring Workfront online. We've been using Adobe DAM for asset management and workflow, but we want to vastly improve the workflow piece. I'll be a project manager and backup system admin. We'll use Workfront to manage incoming Marketing creative projects. What would make this community amazing for you? Connect with others on real-world best practices How much time do you spend using Workfront on a daily basis? About half my day right now, though it should be more since we're getting ready to launch in August! What are you passionate about (other than work)? Cycling, esp. Mountain Biking What's your favorite joke? One that's probably NSFW James Matsubayashi Marketing Communications Toyota Financial Services Plano, TX

Level 2
Hello! It's good to have this community resource. I look forward to learning from you folks. How do you use Workfront? We're just starting as we work through our launch process. I'll be one of a team of project managers guiding teams through use of the tool. What would make this community amazing for you? I'm not sure yet, but I'll be glad to let you know. How much time do you spend using Workfront on a daily basis? I expect to be using it for a quarter to a half of my day, depending on how our implementation goes. What are you passionate about (other than work)? Family is my main passion these days after living away from my home area for more than a decade. Giving my family time with grandparents and extended family has been special over the last four years. What's your favorite joke? The only joke I can ever remember is about a string that walks into a restaurant/bar, but only my son laughs at it so I'll spare you. Parke Brown TSCO

Level 3
Ryan, I love how you answered the questions, but not really. I'm definitely into more subtle, punny humor. I think I've succeeded when there is at least 30 seconds of awkward silence as the other person tries to mentally unwrap the joke. See you around, Dave Dave Parker TSCO

Level 3
Hi, I'm Dave, and I'm new to Workfront. We're still getting things figured out. I always appreciate learning more efficient and automated ways of doing things. I am a percussionist/drummer, comfortable on a drum kit as well as a variety of other drums (djembe, cajon , etc.). See you around. Dave Parker Seed Company

Level 4
The biggest problem we had in our company was that the three departments in our organization all had different ways of doing project management. Most project owners were never formally trained as project managers, so they lacked the perspective of keeping a plan on time, on budget, and tasks assigned with real planned and actual hours and dates. Furthermore, the PMO only got lip service from the managers at the top of our organization. It was not until a new VP came on board and he demanded adherence and support of PMO processes/Workfront that Workfront was taken seriously. He had to give a few middle managers a real talking to before they started to be supportive. Subsequently, we had to "Re-Launch" Workfront to the users and re-train them to be sure everyone got their questions answered and everyone was made to attend the live training or a recorded session if they missed the classes we held. Without real executive level engagement the PPM tool almost failed. Chris Mueller HLUS: Holdings

Level 2
Hello, My name is Hector our company just migrated to Workfront from iMeet. We have used a limited version of ProofHQ and are now excited to use the full version. If anyone has any help on how to move Proofs from iMeet to Workfront please, please reach out. I look forward to participating in the community. Hector Hector Mercado *KERN Agency

Level 3
Hi everyone! My name is Christie and I'm extremely new to Workfront. At Xero we have been using this software for a few months to manage our internal Marketing Hub projects. I've been here for 3 weeks so am minty fresh to both Xero and Workfront. In my personal time I run a lifestyle block with sheep and chickens, juggle 3 children and have a passion for music and records in-particular. Have a wonderful day and hope to talk to you all soon. Christie Sinai Xero

Level 2
Hi all! My name is Laurie Thompson and we are just now implementing Workfront at Evergreen Health here in Kirkland, Washington. I'm excited about all we are learning, and look forward to leaving the world of SharePoint/Excel/MS Project/email tools behind to manage our IT projects in Workfront instead. In my downtime, I spend time with my critters, go to concerts, read, and research my family tree. How do you use Workfront? We are not there yet, but we will be managing our IT projects in the tool. What would make this community amazing for you? To find answers to burning questions after we are cut loose from our implementation effort and the great support we've been getting from our PM & Consultant. How much time do you spend using Workfront on a daily basis? I envision I'll be spending most of my time in Workfront as I'll be an administrator What are you passionate about (other than work)? My husband and my kids... What's your favorite joke? I never remember jokes but I do love them. Here's one I think is cute: What did the green grape say to the purple grape? OMG!!! Breathe! BREATHEEEE!!! Have a fabulous day everyone! Laurie Laurie Thompson Evergreen Health

Level 1
Hi, I'm Aaron. Brand new to WF. Am in Orem UT and am an engineering program manager with 15 years or so of experience in that. Best, Aaron Aaron Gilchrist VIA Motors

Level 1
Welcome Aaron to the WorkFront Community Rohit Ranjan VIA Motors

Level 2
Hi everyone! Excited to be here and looking forward to help out when I can! How do you use Workfront? IT projects What would make this community amazing for you? Good exchanges of information How much time do you spend using Workfront on a daily basis? Around 1 to 9 hours a day :) What are you passionate about (other than work)? Hiking What's your favorite joke? Three guys are walking down the street. Two of the men walk into a bar, the third man ducks. Kevin Iuliano Kenco Management Services, LLC

Level 1
Hi Workfront Community! I am currently a Sales Analyst (with part time Workfront Admin duties). My use cases are tied to financial audit controls that provide tracking and centralized approvals for any changes to our pricing structure (promotional or otherwise). I have also created a new queue to support our payout process approvals. I am a passionate advocate for Workfront within my organization and am hoping to pioneer making it our OSR here. So far, this community has been amazing as is. I love reading other peoples ideas and being able to connect with other users. It also helps me to think outside the box when I am hitting a roadblock on something new I attempt. Between the community discussions and all the training articles, I feel somewhat unstoppable! I spend anywhere from 10-50% of my day in Workfront - I am the admin for six request queues, one of the queues is also managed by me, I have create a semi-automatic approval flow for two of the six request queues and I also maintain all the reports and the dashboards for each queue. Beyond work, I love getting out in my yard and am working to have a year round produce garden. My family is everything, my husband and I have two tiny humans, a giant dog (mastiff lab) and a senior cat (she's 15 today). We are hardcore Subaru enthusiasts; I have a 19 Crosstrek and he has an 18 Forester. Favorite joke? Too many to keep track of, but this is one that always comes to mind: What did one ocean say to the other? Nothing, they just waved. I'm a mom with some awesome dad jokes! Alicia Wilson Blount International Inc

Level 2
Hello everyone, My name is Albert Poulson and I am a Project Manager at HealthEquity in Draper, Utah. I've used Workfront now at my last 3 companies, totally about 8 years (back even in the AtTask days). I've spent a significant amount of that time as an admin and I love the tool, but I'm constantly learning more every day. A little about me... I'm a father of 3 (soon to be 4). I live in South Jordan, Utah and love the outdoors. When I'm not managing projects at work, you'll find me applying these same principles to my family life. My goal is to make my kids awesome project managers, which in turn should make them awesome people, right? In answer to Kyna's questions... What would make this community amazing for you? Active collaboration... a place I can go for answers and share my experience to help others as well! How much time do you spend using Workfront on a daily basis? A minimum of 4 hours per day. What are you passionate about (other than work)? Family, outdoors, and cooking! What's your favorite joke? Any good joke told by my 4-year-old. He's hilarious! Looking forward to working with all of you! -Albert

Level 2
Hi all! I am Wendy Korson, from Covance! I manage teams within our Global Lab Support group, and one of my teams has just begun to use WorkFront for our workload management. I am super excited to see how this will positively impact my group and our clients. I'd love to get new ideas on how to better utilize WorkFront for my team. The team will be using WorkFront throughout the day, as it is replacing our current spreadsheet tracking system. I'm hopeful I will be able to pull more relevant reports from this system to facilitate resource needs and workload capacity. Outside of work, I am passionate about my family, and am a huge Chicago White Sox fan. My husband and I are currently visiting all of the baseball stadiums while the White Sox are playing; we have 2 remaining but will soon knock that down to 1, after we visit the Atlanta Braves stadium later this month. I look forward to seeing what I can learn from this community. Thanks! Wendy Wendy Korson Covance Inc.

Level 1
Hi, My name is Eileen Dutra and I am the Director of Legal Resources for Pacific Legal Foundation. We are just in the process of integrating WorkFront and applying it to our legal projects. Since I am new to this I'm looking forward to learning best practices particularly for reports and dashboards and maybe ideas on how to apply the WF functions since we are using it an possibly a less traditional manner given the way we do our litigation. In my spare time I spend time with my family and love to cook and design landscaping ideas. Eileen Dutra

Level 1
Hi Everyone - My name is Melody Bateman and I am an Associate Director of Marketing at OneMain Financial. We have an in-house agency with team members in several locations throughout the US. I am super excited to start using Workfront. We have used previous creative project management tools in the past and I am really looking forward to what Workfront can offer in the way of requestor insight, reporting, and collaboration. This will certainly streamline our process. Thanks, Melody Melody Bateman Onemain Holdings, Inc.

Level 1
Hello All, My name is Sheena, I'm the Client Engagement Coordinator in the Strategic Marketing & Communications department at PeaceHealth. We've been using Workfront since early May. The majority of our team has never used a project management tool before so it's been a steep learning curve for most of our team. I'm really looking forward to learning how other organizations use the tool and have driven user adoption. How do you use Workfront? What would make this community amazing for you? I would like to learn best practices and/or what you're doing that is working well. How much time do you spend using Workfront on a daily basis? I'm in Workfront for the majority of the work day. What are you passionate about (other than work)? I'm passionate about spending time with my family/friends and enjoying the outdoors. I have two young children, a three year old boy and a five year old girl. We're located in the Pacific Northwest and I love experiencing the beauty of the outdoors through their eyes. What's your favorite joke? Hmmm... Not really sure I have a favorite joke. I do love people with a good sense of humor and that don't take themselves too seriously. Sheena Dold

Level 1
Hello, we are implementing WorkFront and would love tips and tricks about tasks & subtasks. We have tasks used in the same way in our current system and it is a time sucker (dates are always changing, tasks constantly need to be added/removed). I'm sure we're not the only peeps in the world struggling so would love some tips and tricks to minimize time spent updating. We are billable so must take this into consideration too. Any suggestions are welcome, thank you! Rachel Rachel Callender Alere, Inc.