Expand my Community achievements bar.

Interest in Virtual User Group Meetups?

Employee

Hi everyone,

For those of you who I have not met, my name is Kristin Farwell, I manage the User Group program here at Workfront.

Historically, most of the events I plan are in-person in various cities and regions, but we were also planning to schedule a series of Virtual User Groups before the tremendous impact of COVID-19. These would be aligned to specific topics or industries so people could meet and talk with others who have similar aspirations and challenges. I wonder if there is still interest?

Would a meetup of other Workfront customers in your industry, or with similar challenges, be helpful?

If so, what specifically would you like to talk to other customers about?

If we had a customer present on a specific topic, what would you like to hear them share?

In addition to this general discussion, I've started conversations in the various industry groups if you'd like to weigh in there (@Financial Services‚, @Retail‚, @Higher Education‚, @Creative Agencies‚ and @Healthcare‚ ).

Thanks in advance for your feedback. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

8 Replies

Level 1

Hi Kristin,

I don't know about everyone else but I appreciate learning by "seeing" various different options or examples that people use. In reading through a lot of the posts here it would be great to see and share different report and project options for campaigns, creative team organization, etc.

Thanks,

Lori

Employee

Thank you so much for the response! I'm that way too, I learn best when there's a practical example and then some discussion to figure out how I can make something work for me.

Reporting is always a hot topic, so I expect we'll focus at least one virtual Use Group on that for sure. Thanks again!

Level 3

Kristin,

I agree with Lori's response. In addition it would be nice to have a mix of Workfront experience. We are still building templates for our academic year and I have to believe other Workfront users would have best practices, lessons learned for templates, workflows and reporting.

Level 3

I responded in the Creative Agency group but want to also add something here.

I have said before about Leap, and maybe this will be useful here, but as an admin who also has a full time job, it would be great to collaborate with others in that same situation. At Leap these companies with large WF teams are impressive but I can't really relate to them. Anytime we can gather with other users and collaborate on how to get things done daily, how to prioritize, etc.

Topics that are relevant to me right now are:

• Reporting
  • Planning and Roadmapping in WF vs Project Execution
  • How to route different types of projects - How to automate better on quick-turn projects

Level 4

Hi Kristin,

I would like to hear from PMs that have a mixed portfolio of IT software projects and non-IT projects. I think sharing the different business operations and projects would be helpful to expand WF in organizations.

Level 4

Hi,

I agree with the other responses and would be interested to hear how peers use Workfront. We are still learning best practices of functioning across departments and lines of business through Workfront, so it would benefit me to hear from someone in the virtual meeting who has an enterprise-wide solution.

Employee

Thank you all SO much for the feedback, this has been incredibly helpful. It looks like Reporting is one of the hottest topics. We are planning an Ask the Expert webinar on Reporting soon, and would like to add a User Group component so you guys can hear a bit of best practice, and then break into smaller groups for discussion. Stay tuned on that as we work on logistics!

The two other topics I see bubbling up here are Cross-Functional Collaboration and Templates and Workflows. I'd like to start with the collaboration topic since it's top of mind for nearly everyone right now.

We're planning for these to be 90-minute sessions and want to focus on customer examples and group discussion. (In my experience JUST having group discussion can be quite chaotic, so it's nice to have an example or two to get things started.)

With that in mind - would anyone be willing to share how they are collaborating across teams, departments or business units at their organization? You don't have to be an expert! Ideally we'd have a customer or two who could spend 10-15 minutes talking about what they are doing - what works, what hasn't worked. For example, how you collaborate w/in Workfront, how Workfront works with other tools you use for collaboration (Slack, MS Teams, etc.), how you onboard new teams or departments so they are successful, etc.

Leave a comment below, or direct message me here on Workfront One if you are interested. I'd love to get this scheduled in the next few weeks, so please let me know.

Level 10

Hi Kristin, thank you for starting this thread. These kinds of discussions are what truly lead to ideas and ultimately action. I welcome all following this thread to check out the resources available on the WFPro training page. The content continues to grow and is sure to help you solve common problems in Workfront today. --Narayan