Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

In a report filter, how to navigate to Issue category ID from Project level

Level 3

Hi everyone,

I was trying to build a Project report and I am stuck with the filter setup.

I wanted the report to show all the projects which are converted from a particular issue that has a particular custom form attached to it (so Category ID on Issue level).

Obviously if the category ID is on the Project level the filter would be as simple as this (as an example):

categoryID=621c0f4900578449d236e5af083ff993
categoryID_Mod=in

etc.

What I am struggling with is how to get to Category ID which is on the issue level from Project. 

Thanks a lot!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

hi, since you already recognize this is not on the project level, you can go to the API explorer and use the References section -- this will show you all the areas you can reference (especially if you switch to the unsupported version of the API). The object you are trying to reference is the converted issue (convertedOpTask). The syntax may look something like convertedOpTask:categoryID=____ but I'd have to play with it to be sure.

Also note: this kind of approach would only pull the topmost custom form. In order to search for any custom form in a collection, you'd have to go with using an EXISTS statement to filter for it.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

hi, since you already recognize this is not on the project level, you can go to the API explorer and use the References section -- this will show you all the areas you can reference (especially if you switch to the unsupported version of the API). The object you are trying to reference is the converted issue (convertedOpTask). The syntax may look something like convertedOpTask:categoryID=____ but I'd have to play with it to be sure.

Also note: this kind of approach would only pull the topmost custom form. In order to search for any custom form in a collection, you'd have to go with using an EXISTS statement to filter for it.