Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Identifying What Checkboxes Are Checked In Calculated Field

Level 10
I'd like to do something like this: Checkbox Field Checkbox1 = A Checkbox2 = B Calculated Field Determine which checkboxes are selected and total the points. E.G. If Checkbox1 is selected, the total for Calculated Field is 2 points. If Checkbox2 is selected, the total for Calculated Field is 2 points . (if both are selected, the total for Calculated Field is 4 points ) One thing to note - If I set each checkbox to have numeric values, they can't both be 2 points. WF wants unique values for each.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 7
You shouldn't need to use the numeric values. In your calculated field, you could just put an If statement like IF(ISBLANK( Checkbox Field ),0,IF( Checkbox Field ="Choice 1",2,if( Checkbox Field ="Choice 2",2,4),4))

Level 10
Hi Greg. I agree that the checkbox formula you described will work for single-select checkboxes ("radio buttons", we used to call them), but in the past, to do multi-select checkbox math, I had to resort to some pretty fancy calc formulas to make it work. If that's changed now, though, that would be terrific! Regards, Doug

Level 7
Well, I'm sure if there are a lot more checkboxes that it may become extremely complex, but what I displayed worked in my testing - it gave different answers depending if 0,1, or both were selected.

Level 10
Awesome - thanks for confirming, Greg. Regards, Doug

Level 10
Thanks for the suggestion. We had 12 multi-select options so doing a nested if for that number of combinations wasn't feasible. Instead, I had to make a calculated field for each option that did a "contains" to see if the option showed up in the result from the field. From there, I created another calculated field that added those other 12 fields together. Incredibly clunky and ugly but it's getting the job done.