Expand my Community achievements bar.

I need to track a count of total open projects per month

Level 2
I would like a report to show a count of total open projects by month. I have only been able to do this by counting projects added that month but I would like a rolling tally. For example: 5 open jobs in January and 3 are added in Feb, I want Feb to show 8 open jobs etc. Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance for your help.
2 Replies

Level 3
Hi Carinne, Not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but based on your comments maybe try this: - group the projects by their entry date - use the dropdown option under this new grouping to group further by month - add a filter to only pull in 'current' projects (assuming you don't want to count completed projects) You can then use the summary tab on the report to view a real-time total count of current/open projects to-date. Kat :)

Level 5
What I've done in the past is to do a matrix report with a row equal to the month open and a column equal to the month closed, either planned which will always have a date or actual which will show still open in a separate column. It's not quite what you are looking for but does give insight into how many projects open and close in the same month vs staying open for longer periods of time (or are still open) -- Melinda Layten, Senior Consultant Work Management Improvement CapabilitySource