Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

I know there are reports for Documents, but can you do a search for a particular NAME within the thousands of documents contained inside projects?

Level 7

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 10

In a Document report, you can just filter by name either with the quick filter or by creating a specific filter for a specific document.

Level 7

ok, so I didn't word my question properly lol - sorry about that!!....I'm looking for name of a person within "content" of a document. Is this possible in a report or searching either in WF or Proof tool?

Level 10

That would be an awesome feature but would require Workfront to "read" every document in all sorts of (sometimes whacky) formats. While there are apps that will scour specific document types for key words, I don't know of any software that is agnostic to document type.

I don't know of any workarounds or tricks for finding text within a document in Workfront but if there is one, I'd love to know!

Level 7

When we moved from previous system we had "objects" transferred as json files to DAM....we were able to locate older stuff that way but not more recent stuff in WF.

@Skye Hansen‚ of course @Doug Den Hoed‚ has an app 😀 lol -TY for replies!!