Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to tell who is who when using @ notify?

Level 3

It's not uncommon in our organization to have people with the same first, middle and last names. Their email address with have a sequential number, e.g. doe.john4@, to separate them. However, in Workfront when I use the @ sign to bring their name up I can't find a way to know which I want to use. Is there a way of doing this?

0694X00000I91zYQAR.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

10 Replies

Level 2

Have you considered using a pic in the users profile??? 😎

Level 3

Thanks Andy for the quick response! That's a good idea, but some of these people will be requestors who won't even know they are using Workfront to submit a request.

Ideally, when we change the request status they would get an email of the status change. Though when we looked at the notification options, this is not available for a requestor and reviewer license.

I thought the next option would be to use the at sign to notify them of the change.

Level 2

Perhaps a 'Team' called Mary Surname in Dept 1 as the name with Mary Surname 1 added to give you more info when using the @ symbol?

Level 3

Interesting thought Andy. I'll have to think that one through. I appreciate the suggestions.

Level 9

What you can do is add something at the end of their name

so maybe Mary Perarson is

Mary Pearson (mary123@company.com)

Not ideal, but easily recognizable.

Or, Mary Pearson (Marketing)

Level 3

Thanks Christina. that's another good idea.

I appreciate how this community brainstorms ideas!

Community Advisor

We used to do what @Christina Jarosz‚ suggested, but now that we auto-provision users their name is synced with the companies directory. I take it upon myself to add a profile image for users without one, typically its their initials in various colors, but in the instance of the same name you may want to get creative and have an icon for the department they are in.

Level 3

Monique, does the auto-provision automatically bring in their directory picture? is that part of Fusion?

Thanks.

Community Advisor

Unfortunately, it does not. We were unable to find an API call to update a user's profile picture. Hoping that that ability gets added one day but in the meantime, I have a report of users without photos and whenever I need to give my brain a break but still be productive I update their profile with initial photos.

Community Advisor

In our instance we would add some identifier after the last name.