Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How to Report Group Membership?

Level 2
I would like to create a report which lists the members belonging to each group. Alternately, a user report which might list all the groups that user belongs to. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a way to do either. I can show "Home Group", but not all groups. My objective is to identify users belonging to multiple groups and audit them. Anyone have any ideas how to produce "all groups" a user belongs to in a report? David Clayton MaritzCX
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10
Hi David, I'm still mulling over a trick to effectively give you a matrix report of one row per user, one column per Group, and an "X" in each intersection where the User is a member of the Group (which would be really cool), but in the meantime offer this text mode for a User Report column, which will at least enumerate each Group that a User is "in" -- the taller the row, the closer you'll want to investigate. NOTE: on the listdelimeter line, remove the spaces in "< b r >" -- I just did that so my copy/paste would go through successfully displayname=All Groups link.linkproperty.0.name=ID link.linkproperty.0.valuefield=ID link.linkproperty.0.valueformat=int link.lookup=link.view link.value=val(objCode) listdelimiter=< b r > listmethod=nested(userGroups).lists namekey=roles.plural textmode=true type=iterate valuefield=group:name valueformat=HTML Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 8
Hi David, I gave it a try too, and came up empty handed, unless you export the user report data to excel and manipulate the data there. Adina Pierce Cisco

Level 4
Hi David, We have a view in our instance that does this - here's the text for the column: displayname=Other Groups linkedname=homeGroup listdelimiter=; listmethod=nested(userGroups).lists namekey=view.relatedcolumn namekeyargkey.0=homeGroup namekeyargkey.1=name textmode=true type=iterate valuefield=group:name valueformat=HTML Let me know if that works for you! It seems to include all groups, including their home group. Leslie Stinson Viasat, Inc.

Community Advisor
Just found this after a quick search. Thank you, Leslie. This gave me exactly what I needed!