Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to know when the last person to update their user profile record was the person themselves - we need to track when the last time they updated their skills and experiences was.

Level 4

We have our team members update their skills and experiences on their user profile record. We want to know the last time the actual user updated their profile (automatically). So basically I was hoping to have a calculated date field that would set the date to today if the user updating the record was the person themselves. So when Bob updated his record, it would set the date, but when Bob updates Mary's record, it would not .

Any suggestions?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi John,

If you'd like to track every time a user updates their own record you could adapt my Targeted Auditing Proof of Concept to do so; but to solve your Bob vs Mary example, I suggest using this formula on a customer level calculated date parameter (e.g. "Last Update Date Personal"):

IF(Last Updated By ID=ID,Last Update Date,Last Update Date Personal)

Regards,

Doug

Level 4
Hi Doug, I tried this IF(Last Updated By ID=ID,$$NOW,Self Service Last Update) And it doesn’t seem to work. My field is called Self Service Last Update Any thoughts on why that wouldn’t work?

Level 10

Hi John,

Looks right to me, but (gotcha)...

By design will only kick in when you edit your own user, or Login As Bob or Mary and edit their own user, respectively.

Regards,

Doug

Community Advisor

hey John, you didn't mention what doesn't work. So first a really common mistake amongst beginners is that this calculation is self-referencing -- the calculation contains its own fieldname. In these cases, the practice is to first create the calculated field, blank. Then you add the calculation. So if you are getting an error rather than being able to proceed with creating a calculated field, this is the solution.

Second, to add to what Doug has said, the field will only work from this point forward. If you're confused that it's not showing you anything from the past, this is also by design.