Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to find Projects where all tasks are marked complete

Level 2
Hi All, I'm trying to end up with a list of Projects that are not already set to complete, but have all the tasks within the project are marked as complete. Thank you, Alex Alex DiFonzo Synchronoss
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

13 Replies

Level 2
Hi Alex, You can c reat e a project report with the filters: project> Percent complete =100 and Status = not completed Yannick Seifert WebMD

Level 2
Agreed, but his will only show projects that are not set to "Complete". I need to know those projects that are not set to complete AND all tasks are set to complete. We have a large number of projects / tasks that reviewing manually is not something I want to do. Alex DiFonzo Synchronoss

Level 3
Hi Alex, Honestly, if I were up against this, I'd just create a report with the fields you care about (task report with task name and status and project name…where project is not complete), export it, and throw together a couple of formulas to flag what you care about. If you make a copy of the project names to a different location and remove duplicates, you then just want to add a COUNTIF column pointing back to the original list to see how many times that project name occurs (total tasks). In the next column, a COUNTIFS could then give you a count of all the tasks matching that project name with a status of "complete". Then, just add a third column that flags anything where the two match. I haven't tried it, but I think that would do what you're looking for. Kathy

Level 3
BTW, attached is a quick sample Excel workbook to show what I'm talking about.

Level 10
Hi Alex, I've been mulling this one over since you posted it, and have another suggestion: Familiarize yourself with the techniques described in "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000586214-Referencing-Collections-in-a-Report"> Referencing Collections in a Report Create a Project report, filtering only for Projects that are not yet marked as Complete Show the Project Name as a column, whatever other columns you wish, and this one: displayname=IncompleteTasks listdelimiter=‍ listmethod=nested(tasks).lists textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression=IF({percentComplete}=100,'','!') valueformat=HTML What this little gem does is, for each Project, look at every Task, and if it's 100% complete, ignore it using '' (empty string); but if its NOT 100% complete, mention it, using '!' (short for "Hey! I found a Task that's not complete!"). The result is something like this...and any row with an empty cell in the Incomplete Tasks column is the fair game for you to then bulk update and mark as complete. Thanks for the cool challenge -- that was fun! Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 2
Hi Alex, if percent complete = 100% it means that all tasks have been marked complete. Is this not working? Thanks, Yannick Yannick Seifert WebMD

Level 3
Yannick's report is what you're wanting to do - I have a report set up the exact same way for CS Traffic. Traffic manager changes all the report statuses to closed. So, we pull a report on projects that are 100% complete (which means all the tasks are 100%), but the project status is not complete. Winfield Dean Intercontinental Hotels Group PLC

Level 2
I want to do something like this, but as a filter. I want to find all programs that have all projects at 100%. Any thoughts? Jessi Volaric

Level 10
Hi Jessi, Yes, I expect this would be essentially the same thing, but "up a level" on a Program report by adding a text mode column with this in it: displayname=Incomplete Projects listdelimiter=‍ listmethod=nested( projects ).lists textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression=IF({percentComplete}=100,'','!') valueformat=HTML Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 2
I guess I'd want to filter by it though. So essentially, I have created a Portfolio for Archived Programs (since there are not statuses associated to Programs). Each program has a form, on that form a question of "Is this program active: yes or no" with it defaulted to yes. PMs should switch the flag to NO when they are complete with their campaign. I, for now, am then moving these to the archived portfolio by running a report and looking for that. I'll be doing this through API in the future. HOWEVER! :) Most people will probably forget to mark their program to inactive until we get used to this. So I want to create a report that shows Programs where all projects are 100% or complete status. So that I can use that to prompt them as "Hey, is this Program still active?" I was doing some searching around the community, which led me here and seemed to be closeish to what I am trying to do :) Jessi Volaric

Level 5
Do a search on NOTEXISTS in the discussion The EXISTS/NOTEXISTS filters are a great way to find these all projects where this is/isn't true. Melinda Layten Technical Project Manager - API and Integration Workfront

Level 7
Hey Alex, Adding in my 2 cents here, there are some great options, but I'd go back to the basics for this one. Task report with a couple filters: Percent complete = 100 Status - Not Equals - Complete / closed or any other statuses you use for completion. The reason I'd go this route is you may have a task that's 100% complete, but pending an approval process, preventing the project from closing. Alternatively you could use something like Status - Equals - CPL:A to show everything that's complete pending approval. Here's our help article that goes further into detail on it: https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/217470827-Filter-Current-Projects-Pending-Approval Good luck! Thanks, Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 10
Well, huh! I sent a far more entertaining version of this solution a few days ago, @Jessi Volaric , but apparently it vaporized; must have been my lucky millionth post. In any event, the punchline was to invite you to add a text filter to a Program report using this little gem: EXISTS:a:$$EXISTSMOD=NOTEXISTS EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=PROJ EXISTS:a:programID=FIELD:ID EXISTS:a:percentComplete=100 EXISTS:a:percentComplete_Mod=lt @Narayan Raum I think this would be a good one for you to add to your "https://workfrontpro.com/textmode/text-mode-filters-exists-notexists/">Text Mode in Filters Using EXISTS Mod archive, since many Workfront clients who use Programs to manage their Campaigns might find it useful confirm those whose Projects are closed. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads