I can't thank @NRYN R - inactive‚ enough for the above!!
This rectifies an issue I just discovered today in my Pending Approvals report where I was filtering on Pending Approvals based on the Current User Approvers Role ID = Collaborator and couldn't figure out why select tasks were not displaying knowing approvals were o/s. Some of our approvals were on Project Sponsor. So down the One.Workfront rabbit hole I went and found the above answer!!
Thanks to the above textmode I was able to configure my own report on filtering on approvals outstanding for Project Sponsors or Home Team based on Project Status & Task Name contains. I could have done it without the above.
The textmode I used in the end was: