Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How to filter on tasks with NO predecessors?

Level 9

I know, it seems pretty straightforward. I can filter on tasks with predecessor status. However, for the very first task in a project that has no predecessors - I can't seem to bring that in.

Our report shows status of tasks that the predecessors were completed but it does not show tasks that are not yet started and late.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Can you just filter on Task | Can Start equals true? Or I guess I am asking why are you fixated on predecessors...? (Normally we use "can start" because I think if the predecessors are done it flags the next task as "can start.")

Level 9

Great question! We're trying to be more diligent and making sure our team members check off tasks. So it's still a work in progress and sometimes the next task is ready to start even though the person before them didn't mark their task complete.

We have that captured in our report - however - there is a handful of projects that were a delayed start and since the first task did not start yet (with no predecessor) it doesn't show up on that report.

Community Advisor

I think I understand what you said?

task | "can start" = true would capture any task with no predecessors as well as any task with completed predecessors.

task | "Task Number" = 1 would capture task number 1

Level 7

Hi Christina,

I have used a filter on my reports for Predecessors >> ID = Is Blank - this is a standard option within the report filters list:0694X00000C1BH2QAN.jpg

Hope that helps! 😉