Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

How to Filter a Project, Program, or Portfolio report or list based on who it's Shared-With

Level 4

I am trying to run a report filtered according to who the object is shared with (e.g. Shared with X Group or System-Wide) but I do not know how to add that as filter. I have the "shared-with" field in my view so I know I can get at the data but struggling to filter on it. Any help appreciated! 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

hi Matt, the object controlling sharing for most of the objects, is called Access Rules, but in the API explorer you'll find it under Share.

Since it is a collection (i.e. your project object is shared with a collection of users, groups, etc., you would have to call on it using an exists filter)

Syntax for this looks similar to what you can see in this post:

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-questions/forms-shared-system-wide/m-p/48...

You would swap in different GUIDs for the accessorID line (e.g. your groupID would go here).

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

hi Matt, the object controlling sharing for most of the objects, is called Access Rules, but in the API explorer you'll find it under Share.

Since it is a collection (i.e. your project object is shared with a collection of users, groups, etc., you would have to call on it using an exists filter)

Syntax for this looks similar to what you can see in this post:

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-questions/forms-shared-system-wide/m-p/48...

You would swap in different GUIDs for the accessorID line (e.g. your groupID would go here).

Level 4

Thanks, Skye. I think this is exactly what I was looking for. One clarification

EXISTS:A:$$EXISTSMOD=EXISTS
EXISTS:A:$$OBJCODE=ACSRUL
EXISTS:A:accessorID=PUBLIC
EXISTS:A:securityObjID=FIELD:ID

In line #3 (EXISTS:A:accessorID=PUBLIC) is PUBLIC the same as SHARED SYSTEM WIDE?

Community Advisor

yes, the public indicates it is shared system wide.

Level 1

@skyehansen in the accessorID can that equal $$USER.ID? I want to create a filter in the projects area for projects shared with $$USER.ID. Is that possible? I tried it and unfortunately was not able to get that to work.

Community Advisor

@meagenn it would be helpful if you post your code and what error messages you're receiving. Also would be useful to know why you want to build such a filter so we can explore alternatives (workfront naturally shows all users only items that are shared with them, so why are you specifically building a filter to do what workfront naturally does)