Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

How to determine what folder a document is in

Level 7
Some of our projects have many folders for documents. When someone adds a document, we'd like to know what folder it was put into. When the PM receives an email notification that the document has been added, they can click on the link and see the document, but they don't know what folder it was put under. Anyone know a way to determine that?
4 Replies

Level 4
As far as I know, Workfront currently does not support this functionality of knowing what folder a document is in. I've also asked myself the same question but found no answer. I always end up either telling other users the document's path or sending them the document's URL link (the latter proves to be more effective for most users).

Level 7
The issue is we have a project that has many folders (and many documents), and when a user adds a document, the PM gets the email notification of the addition, but wants to make sure the user put it in the right folder. Right now, they'd just have to look in that folder to make sure it's there, but if it's not, they'd have to search for it in all the other folders (or ask the user if they remember what folder they put it in).

Level 4
Exactly. I have the very same complaint. There should be a way of knowing what folder the document is in (e.g. a breadcrumb that indicates the document's folder path).

Level 7
Updating this from another post. If doing a report of documents, to show the folder the document is in, use this text mode: listmethod=nested(folders).lists textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression={name} valueformat=HTML