Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How to Automagically Change Planned Completion Date?

Level 2
Dear Community, I'm really hoping someone can help us here. We use custom fields for many of our dates vs. the planned completion date. The goal is to write a query in a custom form or in a report that would change the planned completion date to one of the other date fields. Is there a way to automagically change the planned completion date field vs. manually having to do it for every issue? Thank you! Ladell Fuqua PubWorx Services, LLC
2 Replies

Level 2
Sounds like you want to override the system-generated completion date...?... I think I would like that option too. I have to set our direct mail campaigns to a completion date 90 days after our mail date in order to assign tasks after the mail date.... that is rather than creating a separate project for reporting that can tie back to the campaign project. Or if not override, perhaps have an additional one where it can be like a Phase 1 and 2 where 1 would be our mail date and 2 would be the system-generated completion date which is the same as our last task's date (reporting/analytics). If anyone out there has any suggestions or tricks... please share. Thanks! Giselle Quintero Cross Country Home Services

Level 4
Unfortunately there is no internal way to reset system fields to match custom data. This can be done via the API or platform tools like CSConnect from my company or atAppStore tools like excel updater. For a low tech solution you can place the custom data and the system fields adjacent to each other and even use the FIELD: syntax in the filtering of a report to only show cases where the 2 fields don't match and then update them manually. -- Melinda Layten, Senior Consultant Work Management Improvement CapabilitySource Phone: (484) 505-6855 site: www.capabilitysource.com email: melinda.layten@capabilitysource.com - we simplify your work so you can run your business -