Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How to adjust my Actual vs Planned Start Date Calculations

Level 3
We have a report to show whether a project has been started late or not. Even though the day is the same (all we're concerned with), the time that they post is later in the day than our Planned Start Date time. How can I show that these guys are on time in the report so that we're not getting a false late indication? Thanks, Dave Dave Rulon Great Dane Savannah, GA 912-644-2452
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 8
In your column view, make sure to set the field format to show the time in addition to the date, then you can see if it was late by a few hours. Adina Pierce Cisco

Level 3
I can think of a couple options: Change your calculation to allow some wiggle room in the variance between actual and planned start or Do more elaborate math to trim the hours and mins before you do the compare. In reading your text mode, why did you opt for the sum aggregation vs a datedif? Jim Brown FujiFilm Medical Systems, USA

Level 3
In reading your text mode, why did you opt for the sum aggregation vs a datedif? I didn't know about the datedif, but will check it out. I'm a very green rookie at Workfront when it branches away from my everyday use. I'll explore that option. Thank you for the suggestion. Dave Rulon Great Dane Savannah, GA 912-644-2452

Level 3
Working with the DATEDIFF and trying to find why my "Started Late" column will not populate. Any help would be appreciated. aggregator.function=SUM aggregator.namekey=actualStartDate aggregator.valueexpression=IF({actualStartDate}>{plannedStartDate},1,IF(ISBLANK({actualStartDate}),IF($$TODAY>{plannedStartDate},1,0),0)) aggregator.valueformat=val displayname=Started Late linkedname=direct namekey=actualStartDate textmode=true valueexpression=IF DATEDIFF({actualStartDate}={plannedStartDate},0,IF(ISBLANK({actualStartDate}),IF($$TODAY>{plannedStartDate},1,0),0)) valueformat=HTML The value is showing "3" in the SUM. However, the middle project isn't late, so it should be showing "2" in the SUM and the other values should be showing 1's. Dave Rulon Great Dane Savannah, GA 912-644-2452