Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How many tabs can you import via Kickstart at a time?

Level 6
I'm using Kickstarts to create a custom form that has a lot of repetitive dropdowns because there is currently no way in the admin interface to duplicate a field on a form. I'm new to Kickstarts, and so I have a couple observations I'd like to validate. Firstly, Kickstarts will stop at the first error, call out the row, and NOT confirm that it successfully created the rows above it. The best way I've found to continue using the same file when I get a mid-import error is to go back to the file and set isNew to FALSE for all the rows that precede the one that caused the error. Does this sound like the best practice or is there a better way? Secondly, it seems as if I can only upload one tab of the Kickstart at a time. The reason for this seems to be that the unique IDs that I'm assigning in the ID column are not recognized by other tabs. E.g. If I create a Form field on the "PARAM Parameter tab" and give it the name of "Field1" in the ID column, the Kickstart will not recognize "Field 1" as the ID of the field in subsequent tab "POPT Parameter Option" under the column setParameterID. I'd get the error: Parameter with primary key value(s) "Field1" not found row: 3 sheet: POPT However, if I successfully import just the PARAM Parameter tab, then go back and *export* Custom Data, picking up the new GUID assigned by Workfront for the field and replacing Field1 with the new GUID in the "POPT Parameter Option" tab under the column setParameterID, I am able to import those rows without error. Is this correct? I would have thought I could import all tabs in my scenario at once and use the unique IDs I assign on one sheet to refer to the same thing from another sheet. Please let me know if I'm missing something obvious. I'd prefer to be able to upload all tabs at once using the IDs I create rather than having to go and export the info and update each tab incrementally with new GUIDs (e.g. in setParameterID, setCategoryID) after each tab I upload. Thank you, M.L. de la Rosa Genentech
2 Replies

Level 6
I'm attaching the Custom Data Kickstart file that I tried to upload - it contains no sensitive info. M.L. de la Rosa Genentech

Level 6
One other question, can I set conditional display logic via Kickstart? Simple example, if I want Field2 to display only if Field1 = "Yes", is there a way to do that somewhere on the Kickstart template for Custom Data? Thanks. M.L. de la Rosa Genentech