Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How long it takes to complete a task

Level 1
I want to create a report showing how many days between the day the task was created and the day the status changed to complete. Is there a way to report on how long it takes to complete a task? Symone Gunn
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Symone, I suspect the best/only way to do this is with a calculated field. You should create it as a number format, with the following code: DATEDIFF(Actual Completion Date,Entry Date) It would be best to put it on an existing custom form if you have one that is already attached to the majority of tasks. Then, just add your new field to your view or report. Regards, David Cornwell

Level 6
David, I think you have the numbers flipped there. The first field listed should be START DATE for the calculation, and the second field should be the END DATE for the calculation. Otherwise, you'll get a negative number. DATEDIFF(date1,date2) OR DATEDIFF(Entry Date,Actual Completion Date) That calculation does full calendar days. If you want closer to business days, I suggest using WEEKDAYDIFF. The same principle applies. WEEKDAYDIFF(date1,date2) OR WEEKDAYDIFF(Entry Date,Actual Completion Date) - You may also be able to use a calculated text mode column, but I'm still learning how to do those effectively. Maybe someone else can help with that. Vincent Goodwin The Capital Group Companies