Expand my Community achievements bar.

How do I show User Other Groups?

Level 3
How do I show User Other Groups? Tried this, but does not reveal any data... displayname=Other Groups listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(otherGroups).lists querysort=otherGroups:name textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression={name} valueformat=HTML
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

8 Replies

Level 5
That should have worked, here's mine: column.4.link.linkproperty.0.name=ID column.4.link.linkproperty.0.valuefield=ID column.4.link.linkproperty.0.valueformat=int column.4.link.lookup=link.view column.4.link.value=val(objCode) column.4.listdelimiter= column.4.listmethod=nested(otherGroups).lists column.4.namekey=group.plural column.4.stretch=50 column.4.textmode=true column.4.type=iterate column.4.valuefield=name column.4.valueformat=HTML column.4.width=150 Melinda Layten mlayten@gmail.com Independent Workfront Consultant

Level 3
Thank you Melinda! I tried the code (minus the column prefixes), and Workfront threw its cryptic error on the entire view: Let's try that again. 57923d3a0079596ce22d03477a39c3df) My advanced reporting course did not cover the link and most of the other coding. The coding I tried I "borrowed" from other coding I have seen and used, but not with Other Groups. The Developer API does not reveal to me how to reference Other Groups.

Level 5
Let's take your original: displayname=Other Groups listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(otherGroups).lists querysort=otherGroups:name textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression={name} valueformat=HTML And remove the querysort line If that still doesn't work, try changing valueexpression={name} to valuefield=name Melinda Layten mlayten@gmail.com Independent Workfront Consultant

Level 3
Back to original, with these changes: 1. remove the querysort line - no error, no data 2. change valueexpression to valuefield - no error, no data Here's the last try: displayname=Other Groups listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(otherGroups).lists textmode=true type=iterate valuefield=name valueformat=HTML Looking the Developers API, I notice that Other Groups appears in the User "Search" tab, not in the User "Collections" tab, like other User value fields. Because of that do we need to reference Other Groups differently in text mode coding?

Level 5
You are right, it looks like the new development work being done around groups has broken my old code and I don't see a quick solution through the user. Melinda Layten mlayten@gmail.com Independent Workfront Consultant

Level 10
<> Would you kindly send a quick bio? How is it that you have such in-depth and, if I may say, spot-on knowledge about WorkFront - especially the text mode code? Thanks for indulging my curiousity. Thanks! Eric

Level 5
Persistence and bloody-mindedness :) I posted a new thread. Melinda Layten mlayten@gmail.com Independent Workfront Consultant

Level 3
Melinda, Workfront Support just supplied working text mode code for Other Groups. Notice the listdelimiter value. displayname=Other Groups listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(userGroups).lists textmode=true type=iterate valuefield=group:name valueformat=HTML