Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How do I pull in the "Assignee's Role" into a task report?

Level 2
Hi, How do I pull in the "Assignee's Role" into a task report? Please see the attachment so it is clear the value we are referring to. Everything we have tried provides some other User Role value such as the User's default role, but we would like the report to show what role that user is Assigned as for that specific task since many of our users play different roles for different projects which are billed at different rates. If anyone knows it would be appreciated. Thanks!
6 Replies

Level 2
Hi Adina, When I have tried that it provides the User's Primary Role as opposed to the Role they are assigned to be for that specific task. So when I have the same person assigned to 3 different tasks, with each task the same user is assigned as a different role. This is done due to the cost associated with each of those roles. For example John is assigned to 3 tasks: User Task Role Assigned John Proofreading Form Proofreading John Account Work Form Account Executive John Design Form Designer When we run the report we get User Task Role Assigned John Proofreading Form Designer John Account Work Form Designer John Design Form Designer I think that is happening since that is John's Primary role in his user profile.

Level 10
Hi John. Try this, which goes to the task's primary assignment object, then the role object, and pulls that role's name: linkedname=primaryAssignment textmode=true valuefield=primaryAssignment:role:name valueformat=HTML Regards, Doug

Level 2
This worked great Doug! Thank you!

Level 2
Hi Doug, Do you know what values I would use to create it in a form? I am using it in a matrix report for grouping so I cannot just type in those values.

Level 10
Hi John. If you're referring to pulling the primary Assignee's Role into a calculated parameter on the Task, I'd expect (untested) primaryAssignment:role:name would translate into a formula as "P rimary Assignment.Role.Name" -- basically, English, with mixed case and spaces, and dots instead of colons. Regards, Doug