Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How do I filter a Report to only show projects that include a particular Custom Form and in that report display the info from that Custom Form?

Level 3

We have a Custom Form - Media Metadata - the info goes along with ALL videos produced by our internal Agency. Producers add Links, Business area info, Duration, Media Library info, etc... This form is an archive record.

We are trying to set this process up in WF and use this Media Metadata custom form as an attachment to the projects that have Video as a deliverable. Once the Project is almost complete, one of the last steps is for Producers to fill out the Media Metadata form.

Once they start to fill these out, we need to be able create a report of all Video Projects that have this form attached and be able to show all of the data the custom form captured.

Tried Custom form Report, but that only reports on the custom forms we have created. In a Project Report, I'm having a hard time figuring out how to filter on that form. I don't want to see other projects that don't have that custom form.

I feel like this is an easy thing and I'm missing the right menu option or something.

Thanks,

Chris

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

In a project report, you can use the filter Categories >> ID. Then you can add in the name of the custom form you want to filter by. The 'Categories' object will look at all of the custom forms that are applied to the project. It's always a tricky one to remember that custom forms are known as categories. Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 4

You should be able to create a Document report to filter by and include all the fields from the custom form. You can also pull the project name that the document is on and either sort or group (you may not be able to group by that field... there are some things I have not been able to group by) to see all the data you want.

If you have multiple videos on a project, you can also put that report on a Dashboard and add the Dashboard as a Custom Section on your projects so you can compare the metadata on all videos directly from the project. It also lets you edit the form from the report which we have been using to save a lot of time!

Level 3

Thanks for the info - I will try the Dashboard custom section for sure. Chris

Correct answer by
Level 2

In a project report, you can use the filter Categories >> ID. Then you can add in the name of the custom form you want to filter by. The 'Categories' object will look at all of the custom forms that are applied to the project. It's always a tricky one to remember that custom forms are known as categories. Hope that helps!

Level 3

This works, but if the Custom Form is not at the top of the list of Custom Forms on that project, then the report cannot find that project and won't add it to the report. Do you know a way to insure that the order of Custom Forms does not matter? I knew of one project that had the form attached. It was not showing up in the report. I checked the project and it was about 3 Custom Forms down from the top of the list. When I edited the list and moved it up - it popped into the report. Problem is once I release this for use, the PLs will absolutely forget to edit that list and move it to the top! The result is their Custom Form info will not show up and we won't notice until down the road when they need to search for it and can't find it!

Level 2

Hi Chris. Make sure you are using the plural version of Categories. This will look at all custom forms regardless of the order. If you use Project >> Category ID, it will only look at the first custom form.

Level 3

THanks! We were looking for ID(s) to be plural and didn't see that option. Wasn't until you mentioned it that we searched Categories instead of Category! Works great thanks!!!