Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How can you view "Upcoming Iterations" in the New Experience?

Level 9

Hi, all. I've finally taken the plunge into the New Experience this week! Generally, the experience has been positive, but one change has me pulling my hair out today. "Upcoming iterations" used to be visible as a link in the (Agile) Team View, but I no longer see it in the New Experience; only the "Current" and "Previous" iterations are available.

I created a new iteration that starts next week, but I was unable to access it once it was created. I finally gave up and switched back to the Classic Experience so that I could review it.

I have System Admin rights, so I'm not accustomed to being unable to get to something that I know is there! Can anyone tell me where that link may be hiding?

Many thanks!

~Eric

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

I'm not clear with what's going on in your experience. I'm finding my future iteration in the iterations tab of my team view (sorry if I just said something obvious). Screenshot is below. Is this what you're talking about? I don't see any link for upcoming iterations in either environment, but I do see a grouping header called Upcoming iterations. If you post a classic screenshot showing the upcoming iterations link, I can try and help you troubleshoot more.

0690z000008KSGwAAO.png

Level 9

Thanks, Skye. I continued to puzzle over the issue this morning, and I discovered the problem lies in my layout templates. All of our company layout templates default to the "Iterations" tab not being visible when the user is viewing a "Scrum Team". All the other available tabs default to visible, but not the "Iterations" tab.

The controls for Scrum Team, Kanban Team, and Waterfall Team within layout templates is something new with New Experience--so I suppose it's equally likely this is a "bug" or a "feature." (Any feedback from the Workfront folks?)

In any case, I've updated the relevant layout templates so that I and my team can view the Iterations tab again. Something to consider if/when you switch your teams over to the New Experience.

Thanks again!

~Eric

Community Advisor

hey Eric, thanks for the heads up. I have more kanban teams, so I probably wouldn't have noticed. I'll have to take a look at the controls in the layout template more closely. Thanks again!