Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How are your managers handling time sheet reviews?

Level 5
We're trying to use more native features within Workfront, and run into the occasional road block. We've had a renewed interest in time capture. I've asked our managers to review their group's time sheets. We've written up instructions for them on how to go to timesheets>All Timesheets, and change the filter to their team. One asked me wouldn't it be easier if they could simply filter by manager name. Made sense. When I placed a feature request for this additional filter, the help desk suggested I simply write a report. As a quick fix / work around, sure. But shouldn't this be a pretty standard ask? Is this something others may find useful? If so, please comment so that the team gets the message. thanks.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 5

Good morning Marty,

We have only been using Workfront since the beginning of January, but as part of our configuration set-up we established an approval process on timesheets for the primary contact manager to approve once submitted each Monday. Before approving, the manager can easily view each staff member's timesheet.

Further, we do have various reports set-up to help our managers and VP to view/manage the timehseets overall. I have included a screenshot of the report listing.

Not sure if this helps or not.

Thanks0690z000007ZkJQAA0.jpg

Level 4
Hi. They can also access the Timesheets sent to them from their My Work page. If they go to the Approvals tab and then Timesheets, then they will see the ones that were submitted to them for approval. That might be an easier way to find and review them. Thanks.