Expand my Community achievements bar.

Historical Hours Reporting

Level 2
We are looking for the best way to report on hours logged historically, and specifically by users who have been deactivated or deleted. We've been able to report globally on deactivated users, but not able to include them specifically (we cannot filter a report and add specific deactivated users) and we have not been able to collect hours for users if they have been deleted out of the system. Is there any way to do this?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 8
To filter on a specific deactivated user, you have to search for that user first, grab the id from the URL, then put that number in the Owner -> Name filter and the name will show up. It won't let you type the name, but the id works.

Level 2
Thank you, Adina. Is there a similiar way to capture this if the user has been deleted? I can't access their user record to collect the user ID anymore. I am less concerned about reporting on these users specifically (for instance, if there is a way to capture all user hours included those from deleted users during a specific time frame, that would be suitable. Thank you for your feedback!

Level 7
You should be able to run an "Hours" report and display the "Owner". The one's that are blank would mean the owner has been deleted (I would think deleting a user with hours is a no-no - think about deactivating users rather than deleting them.)

Level 2
Thank you, Greg. I've tried to run a report like this (just an hours report without any parameters) but I do not have any lines assigned to a blank owner. I agree, deleting users is not a good plan, especially if they have history. We would definitely recommend deactivating and not deleting users. This user was deleted before my time, and I was hoping it would be possible to recover the hours logged, but it's not looking good. Thanks for your suggestions!

Level 8
I figured it out! I did a test by creating a new user, added time to a task, and then deleted the user. I created a new hour report, and the filter I used was Hour > Owner ID > Is Blank. The report then showed the hour entry that I created with the now deleted user.

Level 2
This is fantastic, thank you so much! This will be a huge help. I appreciate your efforts to help figure out a way to capture these hours. Thank you!