Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Hide task until enforced predecessor fulfilled

Level 8

Hello, I am currently working on our initial system setup and was wondering, if it is somehow possible to hide a task for an associated person, until the enforced predecessor task is completed.

Until now I only found out, that a notification is shown, if the person tries to work on a task depending on its predecessor.

Thanks for any help.

Regards

Lars

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Lars,

The best way to achieve this is by using the "canStart" attribute on tasks. Once all predecessors have been completed, the task will show canStart=True. Or it will show False if there are still predecessors outstanding. 

Using this attribute you could build a report to show all tasks assigned to a user / team, but add a filter to the report to show only tasks where canStart=True. This way the report will only show tasks that are ready to be worked on and all predecessors are met. 

You can learn more about the canStart attribute here.

Best Regards,

Rich

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Lars,

The best way to achieve this is by using the "canStart" attribute on tasks. Once all predecessors have been completed, the task will show canStart=True. Or it will show False if there are still predecessors outstanding. 

Using this attribute you could build a report to show all tasks assigned to a user / team, but add a filter to the report to show only tasks where canStart=True. This way the report will only show tasks that are ready to be worked on and all predecessors are met. 

You can learn more about the canStart attribute here.

Best Regards,

Rich