Expand my Community achievements bar.

Hidden Project Status still showing in reports filter. How can I remove all hidden statuses from reports?

Level 2

Hi,

I would need some help with Project Status. I have made few status hidden for groups. These hidden status do not show for their project status field (as expected), but when user creates a report and use Project Status as filter, it shows all hidden statuses. This is confusing for my team.

I have added 2 screenshots here. one showing project status field as it should be and other screenshot of report filter showing hidden statuses as well.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Jyoti

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Jyoti,

I've run into the same situation with hidden options within a custom field. And I agree, it confusing for some users.

I'm assuming the rationale is that while you might want to hide that option so it can't be used going forward, there could still be a need to report on it.

Level 2

Thanks, Heather. It's good to know that I am not alone. :)

Community Advisor

I've noticed that if you only partially hide the statuses, they are still visible in the report picker because people have the ability to use them ergo everyone ends up seeing them. (remember, the statuses are not tied to which group YOU belong to, but which group your project is set to... so there's no way to prevent a user from setting their project to another group and seeing the forbidden statuses :)

If you hid the status for all groups, then they would also be hidden from the picker. (This ties in to the automated request statuses I referred to in an answer to someone else where there are statuses we want Workfront to automatically use but we never want the user to be able to pick)

I think for custom field options it is a bit different (it's been a while since I've looked at these). I thought it was that if the hidden field option has been used in the past then it has to be visible, because there are relevant results. But ... it's been a while so I might be wrong on that one. :)

Level 2

From the screenshot that I have shared with the question - I have deleted the status Open - Closure and Maintenance across all groups and system-wide but still it shows when I create a report.

The status which is hidden "Analysis Complete" is only visible for one group. This status also shows even when the project does not belong to that group or has a single member from that group.

I think it is kind of a bug at the Workfront end that they are not refreshing and updating the reports filter.

Another thing could be that some of these filters are still a part of existing reports. That is why they are still part of the system.