Expand my Community achievements bar.

Hi Everyone. Hope you're all well and safe!\nI'm looking for a way to communicate specific details contained in a project with an external partner.

Level 4

Scenario:

A request comes in for a print job and it's converted to a project.

i send a separate email to my printer (external vendor) with specific info that's contained in the project. He then sends me back due dates, pricing, etc.

I would love to be able to send him the info he needs via the project BUT, with a custom form that contains only the info he needs and not the custom form that we use internally to gather details from the requestor. Make sense?

Any ideas?

Thanks all!

Linda

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi Linda,

This is another classic use case for our Magic Reports solution, with which we could create a "just right" report that would draw only the relevant information your printer needs, laid out to your precise specification (e.g. logos, fonts, grids, graphics, etc.). You could then click the "Printer Details" tab on a particular Project from right within Workfront, save it to pdf, and send it to your Printer right from within Workfront.

Alternatively, you could also consider building a standard Workfront report that pulls just that same information (albeit in a grid) and do something similar.

Regards,

Doug

Employee

Hi Linda,

This also sounds like it might be helpful to have just some more ideas of general ways to work with external vendors and we had @Lucinda Parish - inactive‚, @Sarah Stonestreet‚ @Jennifer Miklasz‚, and a few others volunteer to share their ideas related to this on a different thread. Maybe they have something to add to this as well???

Kyna

Level 5

Hi @Linda Kaplan‚ - you could create a project level custom form with just those fields the vendor needs to see then after converting the request to a project add that form. Give the vendor a free review license then share the project and direct the vendor to always look for that form titled something like For Print Vendor.

Level 4

Hi Susan,

Thanks for your suggestion. That's along the lines of what I was thinking. Hopefully I can set his view to open to the custom form with his info so he doesn't have to look for it. I want to make it as simple as possible for him.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Level 5

You too Linda! And one last recommendation I just thought of while working. You could build a project report that lists the projects in the first column THEN pulls the "printer" project form into the remaining columns. THEN just share the report with the vendor and set his login to open reports.

Something like this.

Project A Quantity Paper Type Due Date

Project B Quantity Paper Type Due Date