Expand my Community achievements bar.

Help!

Level 5
Hi All, I'm trying to build what I thought would be an easy report. I'm still novice! I'm looking for an easy report that tells me which jobs my two production managers have been assigned to. I don't need all the tasks- just a list of projects each one has been assigned to. Anyone, Anyone? job role is: Print Production Manager Team: Production and I only have two of them so it shouldn't be complicated- right??
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 5
You may simply want to go to the PEOPLE area, RESOURCE PLANNING tab, and look at the RESOURCE GRID. Set your filter to inlcude only those 2 (either by role or by name) and set your date range. You can then see their allocated time by project (and drill furhter if you wish).

Level 5
thanks I'll check that out- but I also wanted a report view- for the two team members to see what job's each other has. Not necessarily concerned with the tasks- just which job they are assigned to. But I'll go play. tks Karen

Level 5
They can also see that area. Though if they are WORK users, it'll be in the TEAMS area (Why oh Why did the guys in Utah decide to name them differently based on license).

Level 5
Thanks Marty- that view still give me what they are working on at the task level. I just want a list of projects that they've been assigned to. Similar to the view you get for PROJECTS I'M ON . tks Karen

Level 10
Hi Karen, My recommendation would be to do a project report and use the filters Project Users >> Name for the two people and then an OR statement for Project User Roles >> Name for Print Production Manager. You can also use Project Users >> Home Team ID but then you have to ensure that team is their home team. Since it is only two people, you might want to just use Name. Something to know about doing this reporting... sometimes a person is attached to a project but not necessarily assigned a task. Haven't quite figured out how this happens (like I'm assigned to a bunch of people's projects and I was never assigned a task, issue, or put in a status update). If you see a project that shouldn't be on there and you've confirmed that your people aren't supposed to be on it. You can have the Project Owner go to that project More -> Staffing -> People -> Select user(s) -> Remove button. I've done a few of these type of reports for people and they really like them.

Level 10
{{Anthony}} I’m going to be of no help in answering Karen’s question, but I do know the answer to something you say below. “sometimes a person is attached to a project but not necessarily assigned a task”. I know how that happens… I get a lot of questions from people - Why am I getting these notifications? I’m not on that project? I go to the project, Stafffing, People, and sure enough they are listed there. How did they get there? 1) They were on the project that was copied to make this project; 2) They were assigned to the project that was a template used to make this project; 3) They were assigned to a task on this project once; I just delete them from the project. I’m in the habit now of looking at project staffing before I approve them, so that there aren’t people listed who aren’t on the project. Hope this helps. Eric