Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Help with report that lists all projects along with the current task the project is on

Level 2
Hi all! I am trying to build this report and have gone about it several ways. The end game is a report that lists all projects by a category that I have set up via a prompt (the category is selected in a custom form attached to each project). That part of this report is fine. But at the end, I want it to list all active projects, grouped by Progress Status, but then I want to see what task that project is currently on and some details around that task. I tried building a project level report, but then I can't get down to the task data. I then built a task level report. This got me much closer to what I wanted. One of the issues is that project owner is not an available selection to add as a column. Thanks for your input! Jessi Volaric
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 7
Hi Jessi, for your Project Owner issue... There is the ability to add Project Owner as a column in a Task Report. If you click on "Add Column", start typing in Project Owner in the Find field. It will populate with the fields that are available to choose from that contain your entered keywords. Choose Project --> Owner ID. A column called "Project: Owner ID" will be added to your report. Now, this will render a column that will show the Owner's ID (string of numbers). In a Task Report, there is no column addition for Project Owner 'Name' like in a Project Report. However, if you click on the Project: Owner ID column when you are editing the report, and then "Switch to Text Mode", you can easily get the Project Owner's Name to appear instead of the ID. After you have clicked on "Switch to Text Mode", click on "Click to edit text", you will see this text: displayname= linkedname=project namekey=view.relatedcolumn namekeyargkey.0=project namekeyargkey.1=ownerID querysort=project:ownerID valuefield=project:ownerID valueformat=HTML You just need to change any where it says ID with :name, as in… displayname= linkedname=project namekey=view.relatedcolumn namekeyargkey.0=project namekeyargkey.1= owner:name querysort=project: owner:name valuefield=project: owner:name valueformat=HTML Or you can just copy and paste the above text into your report, and now your Task Report will show the Project Owners Name in the column. Hope this help you out and gets you closer to the report that you are looking to produce. Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 10
Hi! So I have a project status report that has Project information and some task information (tasks due today or in the next week that haven't been completed). I will say it is more for internal use because you can't sort task collection information (i.e. tasks due next week might be above tasks due tomorrow), but people still like it. Take a look at my deck from LEAP and you will find it on slides 15-24. I put all the code in there so you can just copy and paste it in. :) Hopefully that helps you some Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 4
One of my favorite columns to add to project reports: Current Task - Show which task is currently being worked in the project displayname=Current Task listdelimiter=< p > listmethod=nested(tasks).lists textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression=IF({numberOfChildren}=0,IF({canStart},IF(CONTAINS("CPL",{status}),"",CONCAT({name}," ")))) valueformat=HTML Current Task - With Planned Completion Date valueexpression=IF({numberOfChildren}=0,IF({canStart},IF(CONTAINS("CPL",{status}),"",CONCAT({name}," - ",{plannedCompletionDate})))) listdelimiter=& z w j ; listmethod=nested(tasks).lists valueformat=HTML displayname=Current Task textmode=true type=iterate -- Melinda Layten, Senior Consultant Work Management Improvement CapabilitySource - 2018 Workfront Services Partner of the Year Phone: (484) 505-6855 site: www.capabilitysource.com email: melinda.layten@capabilitysource.com - we simplify your work so you can run your business -