Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Help with listing successor tasks

Level 10
Hello, I have project A with a set of tasks. These tasks have successor tasks in other projects. I have been trying to build a report that would list all incomplete successors, grouped by each task in project A. Thanks!
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 2
Hi Marc, It'll be a bit tedious to build this, but it is possible. What you'll want to do, is create a filter where: Parent >> Name > Equals > Enter all of the tasks on the project that have successors on other projects Then add a filter for Task >> Status > Not Equal > All of the status you don't want. Generally that's the shorter list, but you can have T ask >> Status > Equal > Status' that you do want . You can then add a grouping for Parent task. Hope that helps! Cheers, Heather

Level 7
How about doing a Task report, with Filters of: Successor:ID is not blank, AND Task:Project ID = "whatever project you want", AND Successors:Status <> "Complete", etc., AND Successors:Project ID <> "the project name you put in above"

Level 2
Hi Greg, Those are great suggestions but would filter out what he's looking for. Since the successor tasks are on other projects, the project ID filter would exclude them. Cheers, Heather

Level 7
Heather, What it does it look at a particular project, and shows all successors that are on other projects (where the Successor Project ID is NOT equal to the project he's looking at). I think that's what he's looking for.