Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Have any members worked with a 3rd party vendor to do any customization to the WF interface?

Level 2

Our leadership really wants to customize the request experience for our clients and make it a more branded page. Workfront doesn't seem to be able to provide this and recommends seeking a 3rd party vendor. Wondering if anyone else has done this and what their experience was.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

8 Replies

Level 10

Hi Tim,

I invite you to consider our UberForm solution which can be tailored to suit (including branding) -- happy to chat at doug.denhoed@atappstore.com if you're interested.

Regards,

Doug

Level 2

We’ve built our own form that integrates to Workfront using their APIs. The form is a custom built JavaScript web app.

Rather than create new requests, it creates projects directly. I’m sure you can tie yours in to requests directly and create new requests from the custom UI.

Level 2

That sounds really cool, Derrick. Did someone in your group build that or did you get help from one of the IT teams?

Level 2

We built it ourselves utilizing Workfront's APIs and other technologies such as Amazon Web Services.

Level 1

@Tim Vasilovic‚ Derrick is part of the technology organization, so yes, the WB IT team was involved in implementation. While that solution created projects directly (effectively bypassed the project request form), there are some advantages to creating the request and then turning into a project. I'd advise reviewing the data created for requests, to make sure that you are not losing anything valuable from a metrics/KPI perspective. Regardless of the route you take (request to projects or directly to projects), the Workfront APIs are quite robust and enable pretty significant customizations.

One other thing to consider: using Workfront automations in concert with APIs to do some of the heavy lifting. This may make your custom UI more maintainable over time, as the APIs evolve over time and require regression testing with every new software release. While workflow automations should also be regression tested, there may be less chance that an automation will be broken due to feature depreciation, than an integration being broken due to a change in the underlying API contract.

So many more things to consider on this front, so I'd be happy to speak with you if you like. I'll be offline a bit in August, but you can reach me by email at nina@stirling-ecs.or.

Good luck with your project!

(and Hi @Derrick Villanueva‚ !)

Level 10

We've built an interface that creates jobs in bulk or singularly. A lot of the form fields are pre-populated based on who you are, your team, job type, etc. You can create a base project and then duplicate it with minor changes to bulk process dozens of new jobs at once. We used our dev team which is a separate company that also does work for other organizations.