Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Handling requests with multiple deliverables

Level 8

Hello,

first of all, I am aware of the fact, that there are already two or three older discussions existing, which face a similar issue.

Due to their age and some slight differences to our case, I am creating this new thread:

At the moment we are in the planning / implementation phase with Workfront and are trying to implement a customer case whose current workflow is increasingly proving to be less than ideal for Workfront.

Currently, the customers' partners order digital assets / deliverables via an order tool, which ideally should be replaced by Workfront. Between 40 and 60 orders come in per day, each containing between 2 and 12 assets (images or video). On average, this brings us to about 350 assets.
Each order contains all information about the creation of the asset (size, color, file format, movie length,...).

Now we would like to map this as elegantly as possible in Workfront. So far, we can only receive one order via a request queue, which displays all ordered assets in the details "in one piece". However, from different points of view (clarity, evaluability, assignability, ...) it would make much more sense if we could somehow distribute the individual assets to individual Workfront objects. So, e.g.

Order = Project
Asset 1 = Task 1
Asset 2 = Task 2
Asset 3 = Task 3

or if necessary
Order = Task
Asset 1 = Subtask 1
Asset 2 = Subtask 2
Asset 3 = Subtask 3

Currently there are about 10 different approaches flying around in my head, how this could be mapped at least rudimentarily with WF board means, but so far none of these approaches has led to a practicable result in the detailed consideration.

The most promising approach so far would be:

Project as request queue - catch basin for asset orders.
Copy / move the issues into an existing project with an existing task (=order).
Then the individual assets appear here as issues. Unfortunately, with this approach you have to create the target task manually beforehand.

Perhaps someone could help?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Lars

0 Replies