Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Grouping by ranges of days

Level 2
Hi all, I'm trying to create a chart that will show how many tasks are coming in the next 15 days, 15-30 days, 30-60 days and more than 60 days. I'm stuck on the value expression for the grouping. Here's what I have: group.0.linkedname=direct group.0.namekey=plannedCompletionDate group.0.valueexpression=IF(ABS(DATEDIFF({plannedCompletionDate},$$TODAY)<=15),"Next 15 Days",IF(ABS(DATEDIFF({plannedCompletionDate},$$TODAY)>15)&&ABS(DATEDIFF({plannedCompletionDate},$$TODAY)<=30),"15-30 Days",IF(ABS(DATEDIFF({plannedCompletionDate},$$TODAY)>30)&&ABS(DATEDIFF({plannedCompletionDate},$$TODAY)<=60),"30-60 Days",IF(ABS(DATEDIFF({plannedCompletionDate},$$TODAY)>=60),"More than 60 Days")))) group.0.valueformat=atDateAsMonthString textmode=true Anyone have a way to do this? Or can correct my attempt above? Thanks! Jennifer Gulledge Elkay Manufacturing Company Inc
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10
Hi Jennifer, I'm fairly certain that valueexpression results in groupings can't be used to produce charts. You probably need to break this up into 4 reports on a dashboard. Another solution is to attach a "Task" custom form to all tasks in your environment with a calculated field that produces the output "Next 15 Days" and so on. Once this becomes a value stored with each task, it can be used in charts. Of course, attaching this form to all tasks will add overhead. If you use templates for all tasks, then you can preset this. If not, you'll have to routinely attach the form to new tasks.