Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Grouping by milestone

Level 2
Hi Geniuses, I have project report showing the details of project and last 2 milestones' dates from a standard milestone path. Currently the report is grouped by "planned completion date" but I would like it to be grouped by the last milestone? Is there anyway to achieve this? Piyush Piyush Singla Peregrine Semiconductor
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10
Hi, I have a similar reporting requirement. I've racked my brain and tried lots of things, but to no avail. Here's what I would like to do. If anyone has any ideas, they might be applicable to Piyush's query too. Ideally I would like a gantt chart which shows a single line, representing the duration between a project's start and it's "Go-Live" milestone (one of the later milestones in the milestone path). I have considered the following, but with no success: A project report is no good because the gantt bars show the full duration of the project. My user's requirement is to only show from the start of the project up until a particular milestone. I tried a task report which filters for two specific milestones.....1 milestone from the beginning of the project, and 1 for "Go-Live". The issue is that when the report is grouped by Project, it doesn't show any gantt bar at the grouping level. If you remove the grouping you can see the two milestones, but on separate lines. Not sure if there is any option at the project level to create calculated fields which find the relevant dates using task collections. Even if this is possible, I don't think I could use this to draw the gantt. I'm thinking that the only option is to use an external system to report on this (I may be able to automate it). Any other ideas how I could do this in Workfront? Thanks, David. David Cornwell

Level 10
Hi David, Within Workfront, the only solution I am aware of is to restructure your project plan so that there is a single summary task that spans the duration pf interest (eg start to go live) and then create a task level Gantt report against such tasks in order to see the footprint of that duration as a bar. Otherwise, yes: using an external reporting method (such as our UberGantt solution) to calculate and render that span would be another approach -- without compromising your project structure as much. Regards, Doug

Level 10
Thanks Doug! David Cornwell

Level 2
David- Seems like we both are trying to achieve the same results here. I have exhausted all my options but nothing worked out. Doug- thanks for your expert advice. Piyush Piyush Singla Peregrine Semiconductor