Expand my Community achievements bar.

Google calendar integration

Level 10
I can't find any information about integrating items from a Google calendar as tasks into a WF project. Is this possible? Has anybody done this? Would I need an API for sure? Any clues as to how I might go about figuring this out? Thanks! Jill Ackerman
9 Replies

Level 3
Hi Jill, I could be wrong, but I believe that bi-directional integration with Google Calendar is coming with the 18.3 release later this year. That was one of the announcements at LEAP. We use Google Calendar at my company, so I am extremely excited for this feature. Not sure that helps right at the moment, but it's on its way! Brandon Hamm Bravo Group

Level 2
Hello Everyone, Google integration and write-back for the Home Calendar is on the roadmap and will be upcoming in the next year. Unfortunately it is not part of the 18.3 release. We will however be adding Outlook write-back in 18.3. Thanks, Chandler Smoot Product Manager Workfront

Level 3
Thanks for the confirmation, Chandler! I'm sad that it's not part of 18.3, though. Did that change? I swear that I saw that it was coming for 18.3 in one of the LEAP sessions. Either way, do we know when it will be coming next year? 19.1, I hope! Brandon Hamm Bravo Group

Community Advisor
We're also interested in this, hoping to hear an answer from Chandler! Sheri Whitten Gordon Food Service

Level 3
@Chandler Smoot , thoughts on this? I think that there are lots of companies (including Workfront, I've noticed...) who utilize the business application of Gmail and, ultimately, use Google Cal. I'm really hoping that you guys are going to prioritize this functionality in the next release. This would take things up another level for my team. Please let us know when you have a second. Thanks! Brandon Hamm Bravo Group

Level 2
Hey Everyone, Google Calendar is still on the roadmap, but will not be coming until mid to late 2019. Brandon is right, Workfront uses google as well, so we're also dying to have this integration! You're not alone! Thanks, Chandler Smoot Workfront

Level 2
What about just publishing calendar reports to an ics feed? Nik Friedman TeBockhorst Engrain

Level 5
Hi Chandler, Is there any update on the google calendar integration? With the big announcement at LEAP that Workfront was on-boarding Google it seems like this would have already been done. Thanks Aileen Aileen Taylor Cell Signaling Technology

Level 2
Hello, I am now the Product Manager for the Home Calendar. We are doing some preliminary work to prepare for the Google Calendar integration, but I don't expect to be able to deliver that functionality until mid next year. I wish it were sooner as well. Mindy Anderson Workfront