Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Gmail spam settings for WF notifications (not proof notifications)

Level 6
A user leveraging Gmail flagged that all email notifications from Workfront go to her spam folder. She marks it as 'not spam' and it moves to her inbox, but she is having to do this for every notification. I found an article on configuring Gmail spam settings for proof notifications , but nothing for WF notifications. Any suggestions or is there a help article I'm not seeing? Catherine Hayes Manager, Business Analytics and Program Operations The Channel Company Westborough MA
2 Replies

Level 2
hi, Catherine - this is an ongoing issue with us as well - sometimes, some WF notifications get sent to some users' spam folder, get quarantined, or don't get sent at all. it seems completely random. WF says it's a whitelisting issue but I've gone through that painful process already. i've got an open ticket currently on this issue. in short, WF says it's IS and IS says it's WF, so i'm left in the middle with no answers. let me know if you resolve this. thanks. Tracy Brunet

Level 8
When Workfront sends a notification, by default it says it's sending it from the person, but in reality it's sending it from Workfront. This is referred to as spoofing and often spam filters think anything that comes from an address that's different from where it pretends to come from is suspicious, and either automatically flagged or has a lower threshold to being flagged. You can't change this yourself, but you can log a ticket with Support asking them to disable spoofing on your account. It might reduce the number of times this happens. Barry Buchanan - WMA Work Management Australia