Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Getting Workfront Notification without License?

Level 10
We're about to start using request queue for new starters within our department. We've got the team created for it so the members of it gets notification straight away as soon as someone submit a request about new starter. We need a dummy user for our Helpdesk team, so they will get notification on helpdesk email so they are able to create a call straight from the email. The issue we came around is that we do need a worker licence for this dummy user so they will get notifications from Workfront... Do you use Wokrfront for it? Is there any way around it ? Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 1
We've just started using Workfront, but I believe you can get around the issue by setting the approval status to the "test reviewer" at the help desk. From what I understood, the point of the reviewer license was to have access to an approval process without the full blown system access. You should be able to access it from your request queue and look at the approval process. Good luck! Jason Moore Core Innovation Leader Bush Brothers & Company

Level 5
Our internal stakeholders only have review licenses and we use task approvals to notify them of work to be done. They receive a notification of the approval along with the ability to "approve" the task once complete. I presume you could use a custom approval on the request queue to the same effect. Tracy Fox Project Manager / Workfront SysAdmin Sykes Assistance Services Corporation

Level 3
From the thinking chair…very common need from my experience. Essentially, you will be trying to put a fake user into Workfront to allow for the email routing of requests to a different help desk area. This need is a prelude to getting a request queue to help desk integration worked on. For this early integration (more of a work around), consider these points, which are not all-inclusive to the solution you may be poking at. * The help desk email address should be set up as a unique email for the help desk support people to use as shared access. This would later be converted to THE email address used in a formal integration. * Set up a special access level to set up the rights for the Workfront user. Limit access manipulations to only be editing the request (issue) and document records. The access level will be using the reviewer license. * Set up the user to use the special access level and the special help desk email address. * Ensure that the email notifications to send notification on request assigned to user is turned on. * Set up the request queue with a special routing rule to assign to the user when input. * Test this out to make sure all the parts are working. * Set up a special audit report for daily send to the help desk email address. Include all of today's requests for the special request queue in that report…use the send report email using HTML to allow direct linking to the records. Doug Williams