Expand my Community achievements bar.

Getting more Buy-In from Users

Level 6
Looking for some ideas to get more buy in from our users. We've only been live since April and it's going well but we're starting to see some push back in various forms. I think it might be helpful to show some key reports/stats to these users to show them how Workfront can reward them. Any suggestions? Thanks :)
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 4
Hi Laura, We went live in January this year, and acceptance has been good by the teams who have used Workfront so far. We are starting in the IT group and spreading out from there, like treacle! Is the resistance coming for core-users like PMs, or Contributors, or Leaders? Because it may need a different technique for each. Go do some interviews and find out what's bugging the users, there may be some simple fixes (usually it's a missing skill which can be fixed with a little coaching...). Leaders need to understand how the reports work in Workfront to get the best of them, contributors need to know how to personalise the Notifications, etc... Some specific actions I have used.. A "Back-to-the-old-tool Day" - makes those dinosaur PMs realise that the old days were not what they remember Update like a Pirate/Harry Potter/Sports Reporter/Monty Python Day - Make it fun! (Not a good idea if you have external vendors peeking in on your projects....) We have started awarding little gold cups for significant Workfront project successes - silly, cheap, tacky, but people display them with a certain pride (and irony). My leaders were really excited by the Worker Hours Weekly and Monthly reports we can create. (As usual, they were more excited by what has happened in the past month, than the risks of what may happen in the next month.....!). Have a competition to see who can create the best report, or dashboard - You might discover a hidden talent in your team, or a report that everyone can use... BTW - I'm a Brit, working in the US, so I may be infected with an enthusiasm which is counter to British cynicism when it comes to ideas like this....But, my point is, it may not be a need for reports which is the problem. Different people need different forms of reinforcement.... Cheers, Phil

Level 10
Hi: First, I must say, egads man, you’re making a dogs breakfast of the British reputation for witty dry humor. You git! ☺ I think the way to increase adoption should follow some kind of sequence of events. Humans learn iteratively. When they learn one thing, you need to be ready to take them to the next increment of understanding. It is like walking them down a path of thought. · Start with Awareness. The people need to be aware of the problems and opportunities that drive your business to use WorkFront · Once they are aware, move to Desire - figure out how to get them to want to be on board to solve those problems using WorkFront. They have to want to use WorkFront. · Next increase their knowledge - give them the skills they need to solve that problem using WorkFront. · Next give them the ability to use that knowledge to solve that problem using WorkFront. Enable their access, get them going. · Finally, reinforce best practices. Reward positive behavior (you have lovely ideas, below). Incrementally increase understanding at the time they need to know something they don’t. Using that sequence of events, you can discover early, before you have expectations of them using the tool, what their objections/resistance to using the tool might be. The resistance will appear when you are working on their desire to solve that problem using WorkFront. Differentiate between resistance to the tool and resistance to solving the problem. Sometimes, people say they don’t like the solution, when in reality, they simply disagree that the problem exists at all. Does this help at all? Thanks, Eric PS - You can’t get a decent breakfast in the colonies. The bacon here is nice, but it’s not bacon. Thank goodness for Daddies Favourite!

Level 6
Cheers Phil! Fellow Brit here but I'm living in England - after having just returned to the UK from 25 years in the USA! Working on regaining my accent but still accused of being an Aussie :) Great ideas in your post and here's a couple of responses.... No, the PMs are my biggest advocates. It's really down to a couple of team leaders and a few busy worker bees. We identified there was some training issues, mostly down to implementing a new methodology at the same time as the tool...... I know, I know...... and we've been addressing that where we can but there's a couple of team leaders and therefore their teams that keep making excuses to postpone training sessions. There's also several users who have pretty much put their fingers in their ears humming la la la la la in the hopes it will go away. So, questions for you.... What kind of updates are you talking about? Can you give me specifics on how your users are earning the gold cups? We bought boxes and boxes of Lion Bars during adoption and those went down really well. I have loads left! Thanks again!

Level 4
Hi Eric, HP Sauce is on special at Publix right now.... ;p

Level 4
Hi Laura, Updates = any task updates! Trophies = for significant efforts to hit planned dates on tasks/projects/issues Lion Bars = send them to me! ;p

Level 6
Lol, we bought boxes and boxes of them through Amazon I believe. I didn’t realise that there’s three flavours….. Peanut, White Chocolate and regular. The White Chocky ones have been the most popular. Thanks again for your input, I think you have some great ideas. ☺ Laura Ray Project Support Analyst Bakkavor Information Systems Bakkavor Group West Marsh Road, Spalding, Lincolnshire, PE11 2BB, UK Direct: +44 (0)1775 763 010 www.Bakkavor.com // Laura.Ray@Bakkavor.com< [cid:image001.png@01D1E32B.0830F4A0]