Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Get current timestamp in View

Level 3
Hi, I'd like to add a timestamp to a view for the reports that we export. Having it as a column will ensure when it is exported that we know when each piece of data was last updated in Workfront. I didn't see a way to do it via the standard column option, nor the text mode reporting. Thanks, Andrew Knieriem Mahle Powertrain, LLC
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Level 10
Is this what you are looking for??? For the date field, go into the Advanced Options. To clarify, this will give you the timestamp. If you are looking for a specific field containing the date when a report was exported, that is not available. The only date you can get is if the report is scheduled for delivery, you can get the last delivery date. Admin Kelly-Wehrmann SSFCU

Level 3
There's no way to get the current datetime ? As in when I open the view I would like to see today's date in the column. Andrew Knieriem Mahle Powertrain, LLC

Level 10
This will display the current date/time displayname=TODAYS DATE linkedname=direct namekey=entryDate querysort=entryDate textmode=true valueexpression=$$NOW valueformat=longAtDate Admin Kelly-Wehrmann SSFCU

Level 10
Hi Andrew, To display a column in a list view with the current date time in it (for audit purposes), add a column to the view, switch to text mode, and paste in the following: displayname=CurrentDate textmode=true valueexpression=$$NOW valueformat=longAtDate Regards, Doug

Level 10
FYI, Andrew....this link is helpful and explains all of the wildcards available for use: https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/216598368-Wildcard-Filter-Variables Admin Kelly-Wehrmann SSFCU

Level 10
You can create a calculated column on the report: displayname=Report Timestamp textmode=true valueexpression=$$NOW valueformat=longAtDate

Level 3
Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for. I was familiar with the wild cards but I forgot about them for a minute. Andrew Knieriem Mahle Powertrain, LLC