Expand my Community achievements bar.

Full Time Workfront System Admins

Level 1
Hey Everyone, I'm trying to build a case for a full-time Workfront system admin and I could use some stats. If you are a full-time system admin would you mind replying and let me know the number of users you manage and how long your company has been using Workfront. We just reached the one year mark since our Workfront implementation and we are at 213 users but a large amount of those are reviewers (110). I think if we are going to utilize the tool (that we invested heavily in) to the best of it's ability (and our ability) it'd be worth it to have a dedicated administrator. Thanks!! Jenn Dunsford LifeWay Christian Resources
7 Replies

Level 4
Hi Jenn, We have one dedicated System admin (myself) and 4 system admins access level that support about 500 users (most of them are reviewers). We have had Workfront coming up on 4 years. Let me know if you have any further questions. Best, Sana Sana Perry National Heritage Academies, Inc.

Level 3
Thanks for getting this going Jenn. We are a smaller IT shop, but growing. I'd love to be able to do this full time to add value to the tool for our group. If you don't mind I'll piggyback on your origianl request for information. Thanks, Brad Brad Mikolajczyk Project Portfolio Manager The Kenan Advatage Group

Level 3
*original Brad Mikolajczyk Project Portfolio Manager The Kenan Advatage Group

Level 10
Hi Jenn, So technically myself and Kathy (my partner in crime) are not 100% allocated to Workfront, but I'm like at 80% and she is at 75% so we are close to full time. We are approaching our 5 year mark soon, but you have to know we have 14+ different business units, all at different levels of maturity in the tool. We took the one global instance approach and are slowly rolling in our various agencies/business units into the tool. Because of this, we are always busy. ;) (Users wise, we have 620 with Plan or Work licenses and we have 2,210 with Reviewer licenses) We help with... Process definition and process improvement (we are advertising, so there tends to be a lack of process) Initial Requirements gathering Configuration of the system for a launch Initial Training sessions and Q&A sessions Report/Dashboard Creation Request Queue Creation Bug/Help Requests Monthly PM and Team Member trainings for new hires (if local agency super users are too busy to help out or not as thorough) Yearly "Workfront Weeks" (I can explain this in full later, but especially a check-in with an agency to make sure everyone is good so they can now grow and mature in the tool more) Work with Product and Workfront on New Features, Beta Testing (so much time there!), Enhancement ideas Communication and trainings on Releases Requirements Gathering for possible integrations (whether internally or with our holding company) But mostly, it is to have a central resource so that all of our agencies don't have to have their own billable people doing the work. We have become experts in the tool for our company which means we can solve problems or report creation faster and we also have a global reference for ideas and processes so can share best practices and lessons learned. Hope this helps Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 6
Hi Jen, Our implementation went live Jan of this year with 25 Plan and 53 Worker licenses for me department within the company. A second department is coming on with 9 Plan and 14 Worker licenses, and a third is planning to come into WF later this year. When the dust settles, we will likely have 125ish plus our Requesters and external users (clients using access to review work). The volume of work and need for reliable data collection in my department along was the driving factor for me to transition from 50% of my time spent as Sr PM and the remaining 50% time administering platforms we used before (Smartsheet, Salesforce and Smartsheet Connector to integrate data between the two platforms.) HTH Catherine Hayes Manager, Business Analytics and Project Operations The Channel Company Westborough MA

Level 8
We have been up and running for 5.5 years. Right now, our instance has 480 plan license users and 5000+ reviewers. My team (including myself) includes three full-time admins - two in the US, and one in Poland. We do reporting, training, new group setup, user management, templates, 1:1 support, etc. We also have a full-time request coordinator for our request queues that handles assigning requests, data integrity, and training. We also have a team of web developers that create/maintain all of our API forms (request forms, calendars, resource management, know your client, pto) In addition to that, we have 3 group-admins that manage their group within our instance, but those roles are not full-time admin. Let me know if you need more details. Adina Adina Pierce Cisco

Level 10
Hi: We have somewhere around 524 users, of which about half are work/plan users. We've been live for 4.5 years. I am the only SysAdmin and I'm definitely part time. I used to spend a lot of time working with the system, in the early years, making changes to the initial implementation configuration. Once that was down, my involvement is largely related to userIDs, creating reports for people, training, and testing new releases. Thanks, Eric