Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Filtering tasks based on a factor of actual/planned hour differential

Level 3
I am trying to make a filter in text mode that would only show me tasks where the Actual Hours exceed Planned Hours by more than 25% of the original planned hours. For example, if a task has 1 hour planned and the actual hours logged equals 1:10 then that task would not show up in the report, however if the actual hours on the task was logged at 1:15 then the task would display in the report. Is it possible to do this? I am new to utilizing text mode for advanced filtering so please excuse me if this is a newb question. Thanks.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 5
Create a calculated field on the task and then filter on that. On Fri, Mar 3, 2017, 3:13 PM Cameron Howitt < globalforum@communitylists.workfront.com> wrote: > I am trying to make a filter in text mode that would only show me tasks > where the Actual Hours exceed Planned Hours by more than 25% of the > original planned hours. For example, if a task has 1 hour planned and the > actual hours logged equals 1:10 then that task would not show up in the > report, however if the actual hours on the task was logged at 1:15 then the > task would display in the report. > > Is it possible to do this? I am new to utilizing text mode for advanced > filtering so please excuse me if this is a newb question. > > Thanks. > > -----End Original Message----- >

Level 3
Thanks for the reply. I was afraid that would be the only way to do this. Is it possible to perform calculations within filters at all?