Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Filter report based on marking my part done on a task

Level 10

Hi WF Community,

Is it possible for a user to filter a task report to omit tasks where they marked their part as Done on the task? This is different than changing the Status field to complete. There's a Done button on tasks, and when multiple assignees belong to a task, each of them can use the Done button to mark their part done. This doesn't change the Status field value.

Thanks.

Nick

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Nick,

This sounds like it might be a good fit for an Assignment report. @Anthony Imgrund‚ is the King of That Hill, and has shared many examples you could search; (or might even offer direct suggestion).

Regards,

Doug

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Nick,

This sounds like it might be a good fit for an Assignment report. @Anthony Imgrund‚ is the King of That Hill, and has shared many examples you could search; (or might even offer direct suggestion).

Regards,

Doug

Level 10

Thanks, Doug. You pointed me in the right direction - Assignment report. I can accomplish what I need there. I was hoping that the user could create a custom view/filter on an existing task report, via a collection, but the isDone field on Assignments isn't available in collections. Oh well.

Cheers.

Nick

Level 10

Hi - if you want to do a collection column on a task report (i.e. Assignees Still Working), you can. You just use the status filter in Assignment object type. You don't want it to equal to Done.

Note: The name does stay if you close the task for them. The agency that uses the view doesn't mind as it let's them know someone else closed it, but if that is an issue for you, you might want to add an IF statement about task status not equaling Complete

displayname=Assignees Still Working

listdelimiter=<br>

listmethod=nested(assignments).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=IF({status}="DN","",{assignedTo}.{name})

valueformat=HTML

Superb, Anthony: thanks! That one's going in the vault!

Regards,

Doug

Level 10

Thanks again, Anthony. I tried that out and it worked.

However, I'm wondering if I can create a filter on that task report that omits tasks if the logged in user viewing the report (Assignment Users ID = $$USER.id) has marked it as Done? This would declutter the report for folks who don't need to see tasks they marked as Done, but that other assignees are still working on.

Level 10

When using an assignment report, you get an assignment status field and you can say when status is not equal to Done. However, I'm not sure you can do that on a task report.

What you want is to filter off an item in a collection of items and I'm sure how or if you can do that.

Level 10

Thanks for your contribution, Anthony.

Level 4

Hi all!

I came across this post last week because I was looking for the same solution that Nick was. I think I just figured out how to use a task report but filter out anything that the specific user had already marked as "Done with My Part". I took my existing task report filters, then added a chunk of EXISTS code. Here's what I came up with:

--------------

EXISTS:a:$$EXISTSMOD=EXISTS

EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=ASSGN

EXISTS:a:assignedToID=$$USER.ID

EXISTS:a:assignedToID_Mod=in

EXISTS:a:status=AA AD

EXISTS:a:status_Mod=in

EXISTS:a:taskID=FIELD:ID

--------------

I'd highly recommend you test it in your own environment to validate that the filter works the way you want it to, but it seems to be working for us. Hopefully it'll help some future reporter down the road who is trying to accomplish the same thing.

I tried to recreate the task report as an assignment report, but ultimately didn't want to do that because the assignment report didn't allow for inline editing whereas the task report did.

(As a reminder, you will likely need to delete the space between the statuses "AA" and "AD" in the code and replace it with a tab once you copy and paste the code into the filter.)

Level 2

This is fantastic, Chloe! Thank you.

Tested this and confirmed it works. For faster validation, I added this code into my View for a column showing "Assignees Still Working":

displayname=Assignees Still Working
listdelimiter=<br>
listmethod=nested(assignments).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=IF({status}="DN","",{assignedTo}.{name})
valueformat=HTML

The code to filter out assignments where the user has marked "Done w/ my part" on an issue report is the exact same as Chloe's example, but with "opTaskID" replacing "TaskID".

EXISTS:a:$$EXISTSMOD=EXISTS
EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=ASSGN
EXISTS:a:assignedToID=$$USER.ID
EXISTS:a:assignedToID_Mod=in
EXISTS:a:opTaskID=FIELD:ID
EXISTS:a:status=AA AD
EXISTS:a:status_Mod=in

Level 10

Thanks for this, Chloe. It's been a while since I've had to visit this item, but when I find a cycle I'm going to circle back and see if I'm still looking for a solution.

Community Advisor

Hi there! Looks like you got some help with this, you're not the first person to post about this. There was no Idea to be able to do this more easily, so I've created one here to please upvote! https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-ideas/filter-out-completed-done-with-my-p...

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )