Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Filter For Getting Tasks Without A User OR a Job Role

Level 10
Hi, I'm trying to figure out a way to have a task report that shows me all tasks where Number of CHildren equals zero and there are no users and no job roles. I tried the filter Assignment Roles ID Is Blank and Assignment Users ID is Blank (both together and separate) and that brought back no data. I've tried the Assigned To ID is blank but that brings tasks that have job roles and people if they are assigned but not the task owner. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10
This is a challenging one, isn’t it? I’m not using Text Mode, I’m not that skilled. The problem is you can’t look at the Assignment table, because there should be no rows in that table if there are no assignments. You can’t filter the table on all projects that have no assignments. There is nothing there to filter. You have to look at the task object. You’re looking for a task where there is no user, no role, and no team assigned. The assignments aren’t easily filtered at the task object. Here is the filter criteria I used to identify all tasks (there are criteria above that select my special play project with test data in it): [cid:image001.jpg@01D1B67A.A7A3F2E0] Why does this work? At the task level, WorkFront keeps track of the primary user / role assigned to the task. It does not allow a team assignment to be primary. Therefore, if the assigned to ID is blank, then the task isn’t assigned to a user. If the primary user role ID is blank, it isn’t assigned to a role. If the Team ID is blank, it isn’t assigned to a team. I think that is what you’re looking for - let me know if it isn’t. Thanks! Eric

Level 10
THANK YOU, ERIC!! This is what I was looking for. :)